Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Carey Park Open

Postby Harpo on Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:29 am

GoesForit, very nice last two rounds.
Jim
Harpo

Re: Carey Park Open

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:28 pm

Oh! Harpo. Nice Final round and good win...if it turns out to be the two of us.

It was my home course as a High School and Junior College golf team member. For Links, I set -10 as Par and can usually achieve that. My excuse this week is recovery from total knee replacement. Still aches like crazy when it's below my heart. Very distracting.
Attachments
KneeExterior.jpg
KneeExterior.jpg (17.73 KB) Viewed 2047 times
KneeBones.jpg
KneeBones.jpg (30.75 KB) Viewed 2047 times
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:50 pm

Yea, got a few lucky shots that last round. I know how much pain you are in as my wife had one of hers replaced a couple years ago and it is looking like she is going to have the other one done maybe the first of the year. Hope you get better quick.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:54 pm

I just showed my wife the pic of your knee. It sure looks like they cut a long ways down the leg? She is so not looking forward to go thru that again.
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:05 pm

Harpo wrote:I just showed my wife the pic of your knee. It sure looks like they cut a long ways down the leg? She is so not looking forward to go thru that again.

Doctor and therapist say all is perfect. I'll believe it when it's less painful to walk than before the surgery.
GoesForIt

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:37 am

GoesForIt wrote:Oh! Harpo. Nice Final round and good win...if it turns out to be the two of us.

It was my home course as a High School and Junior College golf team member. For Links, I set -10 as Par and can usually achieve that. My excuse this week is recovery from total knee replacement. Still aches like crazy when it's below my heart. Very distracting.

Ouch. I feel the pain just looking at it. My brother recently went through the same procedure and is back playing golf again ( took a while) so good luck with your rehab.

Sounds like a challenge to play the event :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:17 am

Is Steve or Rick play either could easily overtake.
GoesForIt

Postby Steve Sullivan on Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:31 am

GoesForIt wrote:Is Steve or Rick play either could easily overtake.

I will make sure I get the event in :wink: Always struggle with these "easy" courses :wink:
Steve Sullivan

Postby Steve Sullivan on Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:39 pm

Poor off the tee in Round 1, but somehow managed to scramble for a 61 :shock: I think the scrambling comes from all the years I have played powerstroke, as you seem to play less form the fairway and get use to judging shots from the rough and greenside bunkers :roll:
Steve Sullivan

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:38 pm

Steve Sullivan wrote:...but somehow managed to scramble for a 61...

We're in trouble.
GoesForIt

Postby GoBucks on Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:42 am

There's not many municipal courses in south-central Kansas that have soft greens this time of year. At least not within a 25-30 mile radius of Wichita. :)
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:57 am

GoBucks wrote:There's not many municipal courses in south-central Kansas that have soft greens this time of year. At least not within a 25-30 mile radius of Wichita. :)

When I played Carey Park in HS, there were no traps, no watering system, no carts or cart paths.Winter rules all year around. You could move your ball as far as needed to find grass. Rough you were on your own.
GoesForIt

Postby GoBucks on Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:35 am

GoesForIt wrote:
GoBucks wrote:There's not many municipal courses in south-central Kansas that have soft greens this time of year. At least not within a 25-30 mile radius of Wichita. :)

When I played Carey Park in HS, there were no traps, no watering system, no carts or cart paths.Winter rules all year around. You could move your ball as far as needed to find grass. Rough you were on your own.

Ok, but not sure what that has to do with soft greens. I was not being critical. That's why I included the :)
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:01 am

GoBucks wrote:
GoesForIt wrote:

Ok, but not sure what that has to do with soft greens. I was not being critical. That's why I included the :)

I was agreeing with you. Many munis in small towns are still like Carey was in the 60s.. Fortunately, Carey got some assistance. It was fun playing it IRL at class reunions.
GoesForIt

Postby Steve Sullivan on Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:36 am

Less than happy for once with a 64 :roll:

I was hitting more distance than I normally would to allow for the spins, but still ended up overspinning on quite a few holes :evil:
Steve Sullivan

Return to Talk About It