other than my golf. Then went to play second round
an its says no suitable course. I knew i would lose the -22
no doubt in my mind. Im done.

Doug :x :x :x :x :x :x
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Re: Issues with East Lake course

Postby albatros on Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:59 am

i went to the course link (from home page here) ... downloaded it and when prompted that i already had this and do you want to replace it i choose yes and VOILA it worked lol fore now that is ;}~

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:10 pm

thanks for all your helps gents !
thanks Pete ..... i got yours downloaded from Dropbox - i'll see how it goes this arvo.
thanks ilesquire - 'onya :)

hmmmm round 2 troubles ? shall let you know what happens here with it.
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:28 pm

pmgolf wrote:Here is a copy of the old version (download is not zipped! It is a .CRZ course file!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxa3gphugd28c ... d.crz?dl=0

Pete

well, no good ..... i installed the downloaded course Pete and program is STILL saying "suitable course not found" ! WIERD !
i'll sit it out this week, and maybe drive on over to Chateau Whistler to tee one up :)
thanks anyway 8)
JackRussellTerror

Postby pmgolf on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:23 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
pmgolf wrote:Here is a copy of the old version (download is not zipped! It is a .CRZ course file!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxa3gphugd28c ... d.crz?dl=0
Pete

well, no good ..... i installed the downloaded course Pete and program is STILL saying "suitable course not found" ! WIERD !
i'll sit it out this week, and maybe drive on over to Chateau Whistler to tee one up :)
thanks anyway 8)

I sent a email to Mark telling him that the LSPN Course Database needed a link update for the East Lake Tournament, and I must have caught him at a good time because he made the change right away! Now the Links Corner link is CORRECT! Get rid of the East Lake Tournament .CRZ file in the /Links 2003/Courses/ folder and download it again from LinksCorner.org - now it will work. Kudos to Mark for the quick response!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:43 pm

pmgolf wrote:I sent a email to Mark telling him that the LSPN Course Database needed a link update for the East Lake Tournament, and I must have caught him at a good time because he made the change right away! Now the Links Corner link is CORRECT! Get rid of the East Lake Tournament .CRZ file in the /Links 2003/Courses/ folder and download it again from LinksCorner.org - now it will work. Kudos to Mark for the quick response!
Pete

YESSSS ! it WORKS :P
you little ripper ........... thanks all, Pete and to Mark !

ONWARDS :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby SammieDog on Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:57 am

I'd played 2 rounds when I hit the same problem. Tried deleting and adding course but still won't load for third round. Any ideas?

Thanks

Robert
SammieDog

Postby pmgolf on Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:43 am

SammieDog wrote:I'd played 2 rounds when I hit the same problem. Tried deleting and adding course but still won't load for third round. Any ideas?
Thanks
Robert

Sounds like you got caught-up in the fix, Robert. Not knowing which East Lake Tournament .CRZ you have in your /Links 2003/Courses/ folder, I'd say move all the E.L.T. .CRZ's out of that folder into one outside of Links and download the one at LinksCorner.org, put it in your /Links 2003/Courses/ folder and you should be good to go!

Reason: an older version of EastLakeTournament was being used, but that was fixed yesterday to use the new one.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby SammieDog on Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:38 am

pmgolf wrote:
SammieDog wrote:I'd played 2 rounds when I hit the same problem. Tried deleting and adding course but still won't load for third round. Any ideas?
Thanks
Robert

Sounds like you got caught-up in the fix, Robert. Not knowing which East Lake Tournament .CRZ you have in your /Links 2003/Courses/ folder, I'd say move all the E.L.T. .CRZ's out of that folder into one outside of Links and download the one at LinksCorner.org, put it in your /Links 2003/Courses/ folder and you should be good to go!

Reason: an older version of EastLakeTournament was being used, but that was fixed yesterday to use the new one.

Pete

Hi Pete

I had done that yesterday without success. Went into Links today and am good to go! Possibly something reset when I closed down Links? Anyway thanks for your help.

Robert
SammieDog

Postby pmgolf on Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:10 am

You're right, Robert. I forgot to mention that you need to close Links2003 when you're going to change the contents of the /Courses/ folder. Links takes a snapshot of it when it starts, and the program doesn't realize that a change has been made until it is ended and restarted.

Pete
pmgolf

Previous

Return to Talk About It