BMW Tourney

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

BMW Tourney

Postby Harpo on Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:23 pm

What's up with this course? DirkPitt and Roy both abandoned? I know when I downloaded the newer version and gave it a practice round to see what changed the redraws were looooooong. I don't know if that's what the trouble was. I'm not sure I want to suffer thru 4 rounds of it either.

Just my 2 cents.
Jim
Harpo

Re: BMW Tourney

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:06 pm

TOUGH round 1 pins for sure ......
and my redraws are a lot longer than normal.
BUGGERATION, round 2 brings in the breeze TOO !
R
JackRussellTerror

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:29 am

Harpo wrote:What's up with this course? DirkPitt and Roy both abandoned? I know when I downloaded the newer version and gave it a practice round to see what changed the redraws were looooooong. I don't know if that's what the trouble was. I'm not sure I want to suffer thru 4 rounds of it either.

Just my 2 cents.

I think i have posted about how slow this course redraws before but when i started this event i had completely forgotten. Round 1 was tedious to say the least but I stuck with it but when i got into round 2 I just wasnt in the mood for a boring long drawn out round so just gave up.

I reckon I could play close to 3 rounds on a quick course compared to one at Congressional. I just hope I remember next time it comes up but knowing me I will forget again :roll: :roll:
RoyHiggi

Postby albatros on Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:14 am

my re-draws are not that bad and i found that whistling straits (raw tourney) re-draws seem to be slower than at congressional. it is a HD course and maybe just for my old laptop. ;}

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:00 pm

albatros wrote:my re-draws are not that bad and i found that whistling straits (raw tourney) re-draws seem to be slower than at congressional. it is a HD course and maybe just for my old laptop. ;}

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps

Yes I find WS slow as well but for me Cogressional is the worst. Its like play a shot , go and get a cuppa and when you get back the ball is sailing through the air :lol: :lol: OK I exagerate but it feels like that
RoyHiggi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:08 pm

and i used to like the previous LS version of Congressional with its 18th hole being a 6 iron over the water par 3 :)

the 18th now used to be the 17th i think (??)
JackRussellTerror

Return to Talk About It