Roy - The Classic at Jubilee

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Roy - The Classic at Jubilee

Postby Harpo on Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:02 pm

Hey Roy, just a question on your last round score for hole #17 par 3. I noticed that you parred this hole. Can I ask if you missed an easy putt? I also parred this hole and thought I had the perfect club with the wind at the #2 spot. (just right of straight down wind) and my shot hit just in front of the green and just bounced on. Boy was I shocked. Maybe the wind died down when I hit but I don't think so. I was just wondering if this is what happen to you also.

Nice last round Ottobron...
Jim
Harpo

Re: Roy - The Classic at Jubilee

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:06 am

Harpo wrote:Hey Roy, just a question on your last round score for hole #17 par 3. I noticed that you parred this hole. Can I ask if you missed an easy putt? I also parred this hole and thought I had the perfect club with the wind at the #2 spot. (just right of straight down wind) and my shot hit just in front of the green and just bounced on. Boy was I shocked. Maybe the wind died down when I hit but I don't think so. I was just wondering if this is what happen to you also.

Nice last round Ottobron...

Haha you caught me. Strange as it seems but I really struggled all the way through the round and was delighted to have [censored] on with some top putts. Got to 17 and yes I missed an easy , well easyish, putt from just past the pin. I think I was relieved to get the T shot where I did and breathed a sigh of relief, then hit a wild snap on the putt :x on 18 I was annoyed and hit a wild snap off the T and was lucky to stay in bounds but got a plugged lie. Even then I missed a very holeable putt to make it two in a row.

As it happens I know that hole can be very tricky to get close as some balls landing just short don’t really bounce on well. Plus if you carry a fraction too far it goes waaay past.
RoyHiggi

Return to Talk About It