PLSA Colonial

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA Colonial

Postby GoesForIt on Sat May 28, 2022 9:08 am

I really like playing Colonial... even though I'm not playing it very well. It's fun to have a course where you have to shape shots on almost every hole. I can see why Ben Hogan liked it.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA Colonial

Postby RonnieSmith on Sat May 28, 2022 6:56 pm

At the very least, you have to think a bit and not just pull out the driver. I actually put a 4-wood in my bag this week because its distance seemed to fit some shots without having to try curve things (just have to accept longer approaches). Since I've been a bit rusty, I decided to play a practice round using the Round 1 conditions and listing the pins as difficult. Several of those pins showed up in the actual round 1.

Mr. Snappy behaved himself in Round 1. This will be a really tough course if it deserts me.

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Postby Steve Sullivan on Sun May 29, 2022 2:14 pm

Anybody else notice an odd thing with the fringe at this new version of Colonial. I landed on it a few times and noticed the caddy gave me far too much club for the distance left. However, when I hit the shot, it didn't act lie fairway as the lie indicator showed. I suspect that the properties in APCD have mistakenly been set to deep rough, but have no way to prove this as the course is locked.
Steve Sullivan

Postby Adelade on Mon May 30, 2022 5:53 am

I know what you're talking about and I believe you, but the fringe seems to behave like fairway for me on the three different holes I tested on (1, 9 and 18). I tried on the middle and both edges of the fringe to catch all seamblends. Might be an issue on just a (few) particular hole(s)/spot(s)? Seems a bit mysterious, but it is a course that has gone through loads of different stages of updates and at least two different designers working on it, which could possibly explain something like that.

Postby GoesForIt on Mon May 30, 2022 6:27 am

Yes, unfortunately it's locked. I can't say I noticed it, but probably because I was just in the wrong place.

Maybe your club just dug in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It