PLSA WGC Match Play (Austin)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA WGC Match Play (Austin)

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:07 am

Looks like it was my error. I think on this one I assumed the easy pin positions would be easy. They are not. This pin positions for Round# 1 were atrocious.

In looking at the course today, I'm not sure there are 4 fair pin positions unless I use the same one for all 4 rounds. Nobody wants that. All I can allow is wait until next year. If I cannot find 4 fair pin positions, we just will not use Austin even though it's the IRL course.

Again, my apologies.

GoesForIt
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA WGC Match Play (Austin)

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:29 am

No help this year, but I've 1) switched to the Match Play version of Austin CC World Matchplay 2021 John Brooks and 2) reworked all the pin positions for next year.

I think all Mr. Brooks did was go in and reverse the nines... which is appreciated especially of you play along with the matches on TV.

I will say, these greens are in no way realistic based on what I'm watching on TV. I hope John Brooks will consider buying the Strakaline book and making the greens closer to IRL. I will suggest that over on the LC forum.

In M/M and M(C)/M(C), all the pin positions work even though some of the sidehill breaks are still substantial. None will cause the ball to roll back to the player on uphill putts.
GoesForIt

Postby RonnieSmith on Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:23 am

Yes, I remember how much fun it was last year which is why I am skipping this week.

Barton Creek is a nice course even if it originally came from Microsoft, and it's certainly an authentic Texas Hill Country golf course.

My two cents,

Ronnie

GoesForIt wrote:No help this year, but I've 1) switched to the Match Play version of Austin CC World Matchplay 2021 John Brooks and 2) reworked all the pin positions for next year.

I think all Mr. Brooks did was go in and reverse the nines... which is appreciated especially of you play along with the matches on TV.

I will say, these greens are in no way realistic based on what I'm watching on TV. I hope John Brooks will consider buying the Strakaline book and making the greens closer to IRL. I will suggest that over on the LC forum.

In M/M and M(C)/M(C), all the pin positions work even though some of the sidehill breaks are still substantial. None will cause the ball to roll back to the player on uphill putts.
RonnieSmith

Postby GoBucks on Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:03 am

GoesForIt wrote:I will say, these greens are in no way realistic based on what I'm watching on TV. I hope John Brooks will consider buying the Strakaline book and making the greens closer to IRL. I will suggest that over on the LC forum.

I believe someone else is doing an upgrade. There is a thread at LC.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Return to Talk About It