Microsoft Broke My PC

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Microsoft Broke My PC

Postby ilesquire on Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:24 pm

"I've been able to force the PC into Startup Repair, problem is I have no keyboard or mouse function with it."

If you have PS/2 connections on your PC for mouse/keyboard, you can try a PS/2 mouse/keyboard or USB to PS/2 adapter. Sorry, but with my limited knowledge I have just about run out of ideas.
ilesquire

Postby GoBucks on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:28 am

ilesquire wrote:"I've been able to force the PC into Startup Repair, problem is I have no keyboard or mouse function with it."

If you have PS/2 connections on your PC for mouse/keyboard, you can try a PS/2 mouse/keyboard or USB to PS/2 adapter. Sorry, but with my limited knowledge I have just about run out of ideas.

I believe he means "USB" instead of PS/2.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby ilesquire on Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:52 am

I'm assuming that IBHackin is using a USB connected mouse/keyboard & I'm thinking that the no keyboard or mouse function may be down to a USB problem. Using the PS/2 connection could overcome this. (Researching has shown that this has helped some people solve the same problem that IBHackin has encountered.) (The PS/2 ports are mini DIN plugs containing six pins - 1 for mouse & 1 for keyboard & if you don't have a PS/2 mouse/keyboard you can use a USB to PS/2 adapter.) I could be barking up the wrong tree ......but it won't be the first time I've grabbed the wrong end of the stick and I'm sure it won't be the last :|
ilesquire

Postby IBHackin on Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 am

I did dig thru my old PC parts box and did find 2 ps/2 mice. Neither of those worked either. I could not find a USB --> PS/2 convertor. I use to have them all over the place. Well with nothing else working I've been reinstalling this morning. Got to Win 7 only to realize that there is no more patching or updating available. But did find that MS was selling Win 10 at a discount. So bought the upgrade and am now typing on my PC again. Next thing to do is the video file and Links patches. So off to get them. Maybe I'll be in Links later today.

Thanks everyone for the recommendation, too bad none of them worked for me.

Steve
IBHackin

Postby GoBucks on Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:13 pm

ilesquire wrote:I'm assuming that IBHackin is using a USB connected mouse/keyboard & I'm thinking that the no keyboard or mouse function may be down to a USB problem. Using the PS/2 connection could overcome this. (Researching has shown that this has helped some people solve the same problem that IBHackin has encountered.) (The PS/2 ports are mini DIN plugs containing six pins - 1 for mouse & 1 for keyboard & if you don't have a PS/2 mouse/keyboard you can use a USB to PS/2 adapter.) I could be barking up the wrong tree ......but it won't be the first time I've grabbed the wrong end of the stick and I'm sure it won't be the last :|

My apologies. I was assuming that he was using wireless.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby JackRussellTerror on Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:36 pm

just chipping in .......
i'd take the PC to a Computer Repair shop ?
or i'd call a mobile repairer to visit your home .... a tad expensive tho !
here in Australia we have a home visit service - "Geeks2U". [censored] expensive but i recommend them !
:)
JackRussellTerror

Previous

Return to Talk About It