PLSA CJ Cup

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA CJ Cup

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:01 am

You're going to be hard to beat Steve. A couple of mindless bogies will make it hard for me to catch you.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA CJ Cup

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:25 am

Well, Round #2 was unexpectedly better than Round #1.

The traps on this course are VERY strategically placed. I should have worn a bathing suit and applied sun screen.
GoesForIt

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:25 pm

GoesForIt wrote: I should have worn a bathing suit and applied sun screen.

well with summer here about to start soon, and COVID restrictions starting to lift, i'll be doing the same !
.........watch the girls at the beach in bikinis :D :P
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Steve Sullivan on Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:54 pm

Happy with the final round. Better control off the tee meant I was able to go bogie free, and set you a target of 64 to win
Steve Sullivan

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:36 pm

Started off great Steve, but then came #10 and a series of dumbs (sand off tee, out of sand, back into sand, out too far, missed putt for double) . Was able to manage a comeback to tie.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:42 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:... COVID restrictions starting to lift, i'll be doing the same !
.........watch the girls at the beach in bikinis :D :P

Not getting political, but I've watched with horror police and military attacking people who venture out down there... especially in the eastern part. I hear the west is more lax.

Based on the "breakthrough" data from Israel and the UK, I fear that as your restrictions lift, you're going to get a delayed surge that others countries have already undergone. Unless they can come up with lifelong vax like for polio, mumps and measles, I suspect seasonal flu and COVID variants are going to be around forever.

But on the plus side, your Links game should have improved greatly during lockdowns... I'd LOL, but it's not really that funny.
GoesForIt

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 pm

GoesForIt wrote:
Not getting political, but I've watched with horror police and military attacking people who venture out down there... especially in the eastern part. I hear the west is more lax.

Based on the "breakthrough" data from Israel and the UK, I fear that as your restrictions lift, you're going to get a delayed surge that others countries have already undergone. Unless they can come up with lifelong vax like for polio, mumps and measles, I suspect seasonal flu and COVID variants are going to be around forever.

But on the plus side, your Links game should have improved greatly during lockdowns... I'd LOL, but it's not really that funny.

i hate getting political or even religeous as well ........
it was the militant part of our CFMEU Construction Union WHO went out to demonstate in Melbourne the other week - using the excuse of mandatory mask wearing and their construction jobs being placed on hold for a few weeks as a reason to get together to attack the police in the street ! they were HELL BENT on attacking the police from the outset ! HALF the demonstrators were paid up Union members, the others were Neo-Nazee bikie groups and others who were PAID (professional demonstrators) to take action in the demonstration to attack police and cause trouble !

90% of Australians were appauled by this MOB and what they did - probably spreading more of the virus and delaying opening up society here, and our police had every right to pull their battens out and wack the attacking THUGS ! we applauded our police in what they had to do in enforcing COVID legislation !

anyhoo enuff said,i hate politics LOL ......... back to golf !

good on the coppers .......
JackRussellTerror

Postby Steve Sullivan on Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:47 am

GoesForIt wrote:Started off great Steve, but then came #10 and a series of dumbs (sand off tee, out of sand, back into sand, out too far, missed putt for double) . Was able to manage a comeback to tie.

Well done on the tie :) Did suspect I needed a couple more birdies :wink:
Steve Sullivan

Return to Talk About It