Scoring error

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Scoring error

Postby LacyUnderalls on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:01 pm

I was playing in the Easy Does It tournament today. I was sitting at -67 after 3 rounds. I started round 4 and had played a few holes when I got a familiar message "Unable to connect with server" or something like that. Not a problem. This happens all the time. I just finish the round, exit Links, re-enter Links and then I get the message "Your stats were unable to be submitted, would you like to submit them now?". I say "Yes", the computer tries to connect with the server for a few seconds, then I get the message "Stats were unable to be submitted, would you like to re-try". Well, in the past when this happens, I have clicked on re-try and have always received a response stating that the stats could not be submitted and would I like to try again (same message as before). I have learned that if I click "No", then exit links and return, my stats have been submitted successfully. Great. Today, however, after finishing the 4th round at -30 ( a -97 for the tournament) I exited Links, returned, clicked on "re-submit" and this time I got the message " Your stats have been successfully submitted" Wow, Great!! Only one problem. The stats only included the score up to the point of the first disconnect. Final score -77. Funny thing, scoreboard shows rounds of 48,49,48, and 42 for a total of 160. My calculator comes up with 187. Aw, Nuts!!
Oh well, it's only a game, right?

Lacy
LacyUnderalls

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:33 pm

The last round was too damned good Lacy so it blew a gasket :D
RoyHiggi

Postby terrell on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:19 pm

i was going to say i'd never had a tournament -30, let alone a round! but if roy thinks it's impressive, i know i don't got a shot.
terrell

Return to Talk About It