This Weeks Ruler of the Rough

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

This Weeks Ruler of the Rough

Postby Blade on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:40 am

Crap course, chosen Tees are a Joke, do you ever take a look at a course prior to choosing it ? I guess not, seeing that you pulled the plug in round 3. I won’t be playing any more rounds, can’t be bothered to be very honest.)
Blade

Re: This Weeks Ruler of the Rough

Postby Drpinseeker on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:30 am

If you’d like to set it up be my guest. I put the tournament on for fun. I work 50+ hours a week and I don’t have the time to set pins. I pulled out of this week because it was going on 10:30p and I had to be up at 5a. It’s suppose to be a fun tournament, I’m sorry I disappointed you PRINCESS, your participation will NOT missed!
Drpinseeker

Re: This Weeks Ruler of the Rough

Postby Drpinseeker on Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:03 am

And oh by the way PRINCESS, the course you call crap is Oak Hill, here’s a little history.... In 2023, Oak Hill will host a record-tying fourth PGA Championship, matching Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The 2023 Championship will be the 14th PGA in New York, the most for any state.
Oak Hill had had a lasting imprint on PGA Championship history. Among the moments:Jack Nicklaus winning the penultimate major of his career by seven shots in 1980; Shaun Micheel striking one of the greatest clinching shots in 2003, a 174-yard 7-iron on the 72nd hole that left him with a two-inch, tap-in birdie;Jason Dufner’s second-round 63 in 2013, setting the East Course record and earning him the first major championship of his career.
In 1995, Oak Hill hosted the 31st Ryder Cup, which Europe captured with a stunning final-day comeback, 14½ to 13½. There have been many other major and premier championships at Oak Hill: the 2008 Senior PGA Championship (won by Jay Haas); the 1998 U.S. Amateur (Hank Kuehne); 1989 U.S. Open (Curtis Strange); 1984 U.S. Senior Open (Miller Barber); 1968 U.S. Open (Lee Trevino); 1956 U.S. Open (Cary Middlecoff); and 1949 U.S. Amateur (Charles Coe).
Have a nice day, Drpinseeker
Drpinseeker

Return to Talk About It