PLSA (Masters sneak preview)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA (Masters sneak preview)

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:31 pm

I'll fully expect someone to come close to making an albatross on #2 and an ace on #16.

The holes I've chosen follow the tradition pin positions and are those used in a prior masters that were posted online.

Of course they still vary somewhat year to year so they will not be exact.

Louis Oosthuizen's actually made an 2 on #2 in a prior masters with the pin almost identically positioned.
Attachments
Practicing for the Masters.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 342 times
Practicing for the Masters 2.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 350 times
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA (Masters sneak preview)

Postby pmgolf on Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:08 pm

Doug, did you notice that the 2010 version of Augusta National is now on the LSPN Course Database? Almost all the hole 11 pin positions are now playable, where most of them were pretty much unplayable in the previous version. You will need to update your hole 11 pins. The other pins are pretty much the same.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:48 pm

pmgolf wrote:Doug, did you notice that the 2010 version of Augusta National is now on the LSPN Course Database? Almost all the hole 11 pin positions are now playable, where most of them were pretty much unplayable in the previous version. You will need to update your hole 11 pins.

Pete

I'm going to use 2009 this year. It's only two weeks away and I feel very secure about the pin positions I've chosen. I will look at 2010 for next year.

Actually, I've got the time between now and then. I'll have the current 2009 ready and see if I can feel good about 2010 in time.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:46 am

HUGE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just spent several hours upgrading to Augusta 2010 (Be aware, the Course Title in Links is still Augusta National 2009)

https://www.linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1945

YOU MUST USE THIS COURSE TO PLAY.

I promise you this will be a great and imminently fair but tough tournament. If you're playing in the Challenging mode, you will have at least a chance to duplicate the shot I submitted farther up the chain of this post.

I also promise you I've not played any full round using the pin positions I've picked. Only practice shots and movement around the greens in practice mode to know the pin positions are fair.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:40 am

If you have time, are going to practice and are playing in Challenging mode, I encourage you to use Moderate(C)/Fast(C). While I feel I've been meticulous about fair pin placements, it doesn't mean the course is without peril... I mean it is Augusta National.

Here are two examples. Pin almost on dead flat ground... but a bit firm on this chip shot and you may end up down the rise and away.

If you're a good distance from any pin, there will still be the undulations you have come to expect at Augusta.

Getting truly excited this year.
Attachments
BeCareful.JPG
BeCareful.JPG (71.92 KB) Viewed 2521 times
BeCareful-2.JPG
BeCareful-2.JPG (68.74 KB) Viewed 2528 times
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:31 pm

If you're playing in Challenging mode, you too may be able to score an ACE on #16 in the final round. Of course, you could make an ACE on any par 3, but I guess I'm talking about the traditional ace you often see in the final round on #16.

You're certainly welcome to watch this shot. I won't reveal the exact pin #. I hope if you do make an ACE, you'll share it. I cannot imagine I'll make another. It took me several tries in practice mode to get this one.
Attachments
Ace16Augusta2010-2021-03-31.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 349 times
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It