PLSA Honda Classic (PGA National)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA Honda Classic (PGA National)

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:04 am

I can give you a couple of hints for PGA National. Stay in the fairway and dry... you'll do well.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA Honda Classic (PGA National)

Postby BruMu on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:00 pm

I never got wet, and even managed to put 78% of my drives in the fwy, but darned if I could hit a putting snap.

Just 1 single birdie on the front 9, the par 5, and then gave it back when I bogied 10. Managed to make 3 birdies rest of the way for a very disappointing 67 in pretty easy conditions.

Rnd 3 should be a real hoot with those conditions :lol:
These are the "Good Ole Days", just wait and see.
BruMu

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:44 pm

BruMu wrote:Rnd 3 should be a real hoot with those conditions :lol:

If I remember correctly (I do not play practice rounds with the pins I've selected... who has time) but I believe the pin positions for round 3 are pretty fair considering the speeds and wind. But I was also nice in making both rounds 2 and 3 from the middle tees... not sure why I was so nice.

BTW, After I've picked the pin positions for a round, I go to practice mode and just go Next Hole, Next Hole, Next Hole, to check them out visually. I already know they're fair for putting so I just want to make sure I like the position as well.

I updated the pin positions for 15, 16, 17 and 18 for Round #4 last night before Mark posted. They're very similar to the Round #1 positions for the most part and even if you gamble and go for those pins, it may be hard to get close with M(C)/F(C).

It should be a tough test right? Lots of water out there.
Attachments
pganational.JPG
pganational.JPG (40.72 KB) Viewed 1622 times
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 am

Hmmm.... finished my last rd in Champ but still says that I am playing and now abandoned. First time I have ever had that happen. I look at my course stats and it shows that round and it's score. Must be a glitch. Oh well, not a big deal.
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:04 am

Harpo wrote:Hmmm.... finished my last rd in Champ but still says that I am playing and now abandoned. First time I have ever had that happen. I look at my course stats and it shows that round and it's score. Must be a glitch. Oh well, not a big deal.

Happens occasionally. Did you try to start the round again? Does it say you've played all 4 round ? Or, does it say you were DQ'd?

If it says you were DQ'd, you can go to lspn and do a requal. Yes, a 2 stroke penalty but at least you'll finish and get a paycheck :lol:
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It