PLSA coming up

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: PLSA coming up

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:57 am

pmgolf wrote:Doug, I've noticed through the years that there are quite a few courses where the easy - moderate - difficult decision wasn't made when the pins were planted. That's what drove me to examine every pin for tournament settings. Frequently, when I'm looking for an easier pin position I wind up choosing one that's labeled difficult, which is why I can't ever choose something like "all 3 pins" when 1 to 6 are supposed to be "easy".

Pete

Yes, I do that normally, but I decided rather late this week on submitting both tournaments... and trusted the APCD author... not blaming him... it is my doing.

I will also play a full 4 rounds with my new pin position in Moderate(C)/Fast(C) to test them during play. I've already done it for round #1.
GoesForIt

Postby gibby on Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:55 am

All the yrs of doing pins, easy sometimes just means they are in the middle of the green. Easy accessibility but sitting on a hill. Difficult is being tucked into a corner. Then you had designers sticking with 0-5 easy, 6-11 moderate and 12-18 difficult. But now some only offer 5-6-7 pins per hole based on their greens. There's really no more just selecting m/m easy and having a good setup. Has gotten better with challenging conditions I guess with better textures or whatever but I assume their thinking on greens has improved.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby Drpinseeker on Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:27 pm

Great job on Austin CC. Looks great. Round one pins are brutal lol but fun, Good job setting it up
Drpinseeker

Previous

Return to Talk About It