PLSA (Tournament Players Championship)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA (Tournament Players Championship)

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Personally, I'm real happy with The Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass - Tournament Edition by Sage Vanni. It might have been a bit more "Tournament Edition" if there'd been more Heavy Rough... but I'm thankful there isn't.

I certainly did not take advantage of the best conditions there will be this week... Round #2.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA (Tournament Players Championship)

Postby BruMu on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:55 pm

66 is still a vg round at Sawgrass.

Gotta say I was very surprised to do as well as I did in round 1. Sawgrass is a beast any day of the week, Gusty just makes me shudder :lol:

Standing on the 17th tee at -6 with 2 holes to go. The only thought in my mind as I try to gauge the wind is please, please, please stay dry ball. To get it within 6 ft and make birdie... I was stunned.

More knee buckling on the 18th tee with that wind - please stay dry ball, that's all I ask. After a vn tee shot, 153 away I played a 6 iron into a gust and prayed. Landed inside 10 ft and made another birdie.

Scared to play round 2 now, I'm sure I have a debt to pay to the golfing gods for the aforementioned good fortune. :lol:
These are the "Good Ole Days", just wait and see.
BruMu

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:40 pm

3 holes total over par in 3 rounds... Unfortunately those are bogey, double and triple.

If you water it at Sawgrass on a par 4 or 5, it's basically at OB based on the drop zone.

Gonna be hard to beat Ronnie Smith who is ahead of us all after only 2 rounds.
GoesForIt

Postby BruMu on Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:06 am

Ya, you had some misfortune there. A single bogie can usually be made up, but dbl's n tpl's can take the life out of a round in a hurry.

I've been fortunate and had only 1 single bogie in each of the 1st 3 rnds. Two of them were self inflicted due to loss of concentration on easy putts (brain freeze) :)

Ronnie is playing great for sure.

Always enjoy this tournament, both irl and in links.
These are the "Good Ole Days", just wait and see.
BruMu

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:18 pm

Woe is me! One water double and one bogey on the front (+2). Tried like h-e-c-k to come back on the back (-6) but it couldn't make up for a dismal front... and I don't know how many chips and putts at 1" or < 1". Frustration.

Good luck to all BruMu hope you can force RonnieSmith to shot a really good final two rounds.
GoesForIt

Postby RonnieSmith on Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:07 pm

GoesForIt wrote:3 holes total over par in 3 rounds... Unfortunately those are bogey, double and triple.

If you water it at Sawgrass on a par 4 or 5, it's basically at OB based on the drop zone.

Gonna be hard to beat Ronnie Smith who is ahead of us all after only 2 rounds.

Only time will tell. My driving has been problematic for the last several weeks but the lack of "heavy rough" is definitely helpful to me.

I do miss the sounds of the driving range though when playing hole 3. :D

Cheers,

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:05 pm

Wait'll next year department. I found pin positions from all 4 rounds of the 2017 Players. I'm sure they will not be 100% the same as 2022, but they'll be closer than this year.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:57 am

Where was this during the tournament?????????????????? Just played
Attachments
ScoreStats.jpg
ScoreStats.jpg (142.34 KB) Viewed 3922 times
GoesForIt

Postby BruMu on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:20 am

Wow, 57 - awesome round.

My round 4 went as expected, mostly messy. I knew right away I was in for it when my first tee shot I missed snap hard left and was deep in the trees. Had no choice but to chip back to the fwy. Managed to save par there but it was an omen of things to come.

Missed a lot of fwy's on front 9. Tuff to hit out of ruff onto fast greens and get the ball to stop :) I got wet on 7 and managed to keep that to a single bogie.

Back 9 was better, found some snaps, had a nice run of 3 straight birdies on 15,16, & 17 to finish a respectable -4.

Looking back at my rounds I'm shocked that I birdied 17 three times and made par the other. That hole has owned me plenty of times in the past.

All in all a fun tournament at a really fun and challenging course. Looking at the leaderboard I would say everyone played well.
BruMu

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:25 am

BruMu wrote:Wow, 57 - awesome round.

It was just one of those where EVERYTHING went right for 18 holes. A VERY rare occurrence.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It