Trend Micro is an enemy of Links 2003

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Trend Micro is an enemy of Links 2003

Postby RonnieSmith on Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:44 am

Greetings all,

I believe I have finally resolved my problem with posting scores in tourneys. Before outlining the saga, I want to extend a very public THANK YOU to Mississippi who worked with me over multiple months as I tried to resolve the problem.

Eventually after finagling with setting ports, etc. I finally latched onto putting Links in my exception list for Trend Micro and then got round 1 of the Masters to upload. But then round 2 failed and I discovered that Links was no longer in the exception list. A chat with a Trend Micro support person gave indication that each time Trend Micro updated itself, it erased the exception list (GRRR). I let things go for a while as I knew I was going to replace my nearly 6 year old Windows 7 machine. That replacement began this past Monday.

Along the way I learned of a helpful utility provided with the Trend Micro package "supporttool.exe" that conveniently enables you to stop running (and resume running) Trend Micro. So I deactivate Trend Micro prior to a tourney round, then reactivate afterwards. So far I'm 2 for 2 in posting scores.

As a side note, firm/fast challenging is a bit much (even without wind) for Round 2 at Troon North. Don't normally shoot 85 with 14 GIR's :D

Now I just have to get friendly with my new mouse. Hope to join you in tourneys on a more regular basis in 2021. I retired from my computer science professor position at the start of the fall semester (though I still have a non-salaried adjunct appointment so I can continue with my research activities).

Cheers,

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Return to Talk About It