Sorry But Can't Come Back

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Sorry But Can't Come Back

Postby GoBucks on Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:12 am

Ok. I guess it's just a difference of terminology. I've always been under the impression that (C) were challenging, absence of (C) was non-challenging (the original 1.05 settings), and a combination (an ability that came about with 1.07) was mixed or hybrid. Maybe it's just me.

And I am not trying to start an argument.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby pmgolf on Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:28 pm

GoBucks wrote:And I am not trying to start an argument.

Not taken as such, my friend. Just clearing up some terminology - my take on it, anyway. :)

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Blade on Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:10 pm

If I remember correctly, feel free to correct if I'm wrong, challenging conditions were created by the Guy's at the now defunct APCD solely for Augusta. Now they are used on any and all courses a lot of which IMO should never be used in an event be it Official or League.
It must be said that I don't play in Challenging events as in my opinion the Majority of Courses used at LSPN F/F is more than sufficient.
Cheers

David
Blade

Postby pmgolf on Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:31 pm

That's what I had heard about challenging conditions, and I am truly indebted to those fellows for their efforts! :D

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Bassmaster on Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:57 am

Blade wrote:If I remember correctly, feel free to correct if I'm wrong, challenging conditions were created by the Guy's at the now defunct APCD solely for Augusta. Now they are used on any and all courses a lot of which IMO should never be used in an event be it Official or League.
It must be said that I don't play in Challenging events as in my opinion the Majority of Courses used at LSPN F/F is more than sufficient.
Cheers

David

Same here David. F/F is plenty sufficient for a tough condition especially the putting, which is so unpredictable.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby pmgolf on Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:07 am

Bassmaster wrote:Same here David. F/F is plenty sufficient for a tough condition especially the putting, which is so unpredictable.

Not everybody enjoys the challenging conditions, and that's fine. There are enough features in the game for everyone to find a way to enjoy playing it - even with it being a pretty old game. :D Merry Christmas!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:41 pm

And I'm still completely impressed with the ball physics in this game. It so closely mimics real ball reactions. Now if I could just get the dang thing to go where I want it to.
rwoodworkr

Postby GoBucks on Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:05 am

rwoodworkr wrote: Now if I could just get the dang thing to go where I want it to.

Do you need a fresh copy of "Autosnap.exe"?
GoBucks

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:43 pm

GoBucks wrote:
rwoodworkr wrote: Now if I could just get the dang thing to go where I want it to.

Yes, thanks! A late Christmas gift. Could you also throw in a copy of autobrain.exe?
rwoodworkr

Postby GoBucks on Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:25 am

rwoodworkr wrote:
GoBucks wrote:

Yes, thanks! A late Christmas gift. Could you also throw in a copy of autobrain.exe?

Sorry, Rick. I lost that one a long time ago! :lol:
GoBucks

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:26 am

I'm working hard to change things, especially pin positions, on PLSA. And, even though I've made some bad decisions on courses (where the pro tour course was not available), I'm doing better. Where pro tour courses are available I'm moving to updated versions and away from Microsoft/Access versions.

I still don't play CLSC primarily because of pin positions. If I get PLSA completely sorted out, I'll try to help Mark with CLSC, but my plate is full right now.

I definitely would not give up. Try the World and European Tours. Pete and Steve do a terrific job.
GoesForIt

Postby fundraiser on Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:13 pm

Thank you and when these are changed let us know. I have moved to the Amaity tour and am having a ball. :D
fundraiser

Previous

Return to Talk About It