Been away from Links

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Been away from Links

Postby Mike Nicely Sr on Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 am

Hello all, some of you may remember me as Pecos Bill Designs. I took some time away for health issues. Last year I updated my rig and could not put the game on it. I found a way to do it and now am trying to practice for play. I am also having a problem with the APCD designer program. I got it to install but cannot find the update I saved. Would like to get back to playing around in that. If any one has the patch for Designer it would be a great help.
Look forward to maybe talking with a few old friends of Links.
PS I have Links games from the LS days and 2001. Along with the courses for each. I also have the 3.5 disc version. Hahaha ..
Fairways N Greens
Mike Nicely Sr aka PecosBill
Mike Nicely Sr

Re: Been away from Links

Postby Adelade on Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:16 am

Big welcome back, Thunder Golf Club has sat on the very top of my favourite courses list for a while, so to hear you're even considering opening up APCD as well is quite exciting news to me! For APCD questions/discussions the linkscorner.org forum is often the best place to go, I wonder if the update you're talking about may possibly be the one sometimes known as the 3D clone tool? If so you can get it from the link in this post: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 3331#p3331

Postby Mike Nicely Sr on Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:20 am

Thanks for the response Adelade .. tried that and it did not fix the problem. No matter what work I do in the designer the course does not show up in the courses folder. I tried to save the work right to Links Course folder and same thing...nothing there. I have a hometown course I was working on before and wanted finish it. It is about 3/4 done. Every time I do work on it I lose something. Getting frustrating trying to figure this out.
Hopefully someone who knows the designer will have an answer.
Glad you liked Thunder Hill ... that course closed down. My dear friend ho built it and I was part of the design and work on the real course had passed away and his wife ran it into the ground. I played there from the beginning when it had over 100 ponds. It was also a Government fish hatchery. Sad to see it go. You used every club in your bag there. Glad that I can pay it in Links and remember all the great times playing it. 2 of my 7 Hole in Ones are at that course.. hole 3 and hole 15.
I digress .. look forward to some Links play now.
Other problem I am having is seeing any tournaments listed when I go on line to play. Is there a charge for this?
Mike Nicely Sr

Postby Mississippi on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Mike Nicely Sr wrote:Other problem I am having is seeing any tournaments listed when I go on line to play. Is there a charge for this?

My account tab... above on the right side of this page fill out the user preference section. If your still encountering problems click the help tab... above further to the right. No charge to play.
Mississippi

Postby Mike Nicely Sr on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Thanks Mississippi that worked ... but my putter didn't :D
stil having problems with the designer .. arghhhh!!!! :evil:
Mike Nicely Sr

Postby BagginsB on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Good to see you again, Mike! I'd been away from the game for 10 years until recently. It's great to get back into Links! See you around!

Brett
Upon us all a little rain must fall.
BagginsB

Return to Talk About It