Quail hollow end date

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Quail hollow end date

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:11 am

those playing the champ level quail hollow event should be warned that the event will end at 12am pdt (wed. nite) thursday am.

for some reason, when i create an event on thursday morning (thursday being the start date), 7 days long, it gives an extra day (the entire next thursday) to finish. when i create the event before 12 am pdt thurs morning (with thursday again being the start date), the event then ends at 12 am the next thursday morning (wed. night).

i don't mind the extra day since it has saved me a couple of times, but this week the extra day is not there. lw

Postby terrell on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:49 am

darn it, lw. i have cruxis right where i want him (overconfident). i was hoping to sneak in a 58 for my first win ever (like that's likely, i've never had one before). if you wake up wombatula and giller, i won't make the top ten. again. )8
terrell

Postby SuzieQ on Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:29 am

:shock: :roll:

SQ
SuzieQ

Postby terrell on Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:55 am

SuzieQ wrote::shock: :roll:

SQ

what'r we tryin' to say here?
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:00 pm

suz is making a demure hint to the fact that after 16 straight weeks of victories by giller (17 total wins out of 23 weeks), Q won her first time out in the event, and her -39 72 hole total at southern hills was no mean feat.

there was an extra day last week, but roy started too late anyway, which was a shame because he was posting some very strong scores. that is why i wanted the players to know that the end date is tonight where it ought to be, but after all those extra days in the weeks preceeding, some might get caught short by the fact that the end date is where it's supposed to be this week. lw

Postby terrell on Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:11 pm

crikey! not only did i not catch/overtake (i kinda figgered i wouldn't) cruxis, but the truck (giller) blew all of our doors off again. did anyone happen to get a look at the plates?
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:16 pm

crux won in week 4 at black valley, but even though gil kind of staggered in round four this week, he looks to have won handily. for we average champ players, i thought quail hollow was a very fair and interesting venue, especially after the tough grinds we've had in the previous four weeks. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby mercedes on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:10 am

I didn't know that one was yours this week Larry, or I would have gotten in. What's up for this week?

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:05 pm

M, Olympia Fields Invitational no reQ. next week starts 6 straight weeks of new (to the tour course list) courses in ireland, scotland and england. interestingly, none of the courses is a linksland track. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Harpo on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:19 pm

Next week after Mark updates the site we will be able to see how each player scored each hole. You will also see if a player started the tourney offline but decided to bow out before they finished where now it is not shown. By showing this however, one will also take up one of the slots in the number of players entered. I don't think the max 64 will be reached thou. At least not in Larry's champ tourney.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:47 pm

jim, i don't think we'll be pushing 64 entries in the weekly champ "invitational" event either. the biggest field was 32 at spyglass hill in week 5, but (lol) you never know. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Brosen on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:30 am

Can I just say that I am also a big fan of Larry's tournaments. With the variety of courses and appropriate setups, I look forward to playing in his events. I try to play in any tournament that simulates the week's PGA tour event if the course is available, and if nobody creates one, I try to do it for the Champ Classic crowd. When I set up the course and conditions, I try to think how Larry would do it. Hope to see some of you in my tournaments after we're done with Larry's offerings. :D
Brosen

Postby Harpo on Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:58 pm

I have never had a buffer overrun error until today. It only happens when I try to look at the leaderboard or conditions at Olympia Fields Invitational. I can look at "any" other's except that one. It says "Buffer Overrun Detected". At the top it says it's from the visual C++ runtime Library. I have not yet tried to play in the event. I can look at the said info at the lspn website thou.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:01 pm

for those champ players who haven't checked, brosen has put up the champ level wgc-ca doral event this week. he's been more generous about weather and green conditions than i was in december with my own doral event, or even (lol) compared to the real world wind and rain conditions the players have had to deal with this week here in miami. in any case, john andersen's apcd doral model is very accurate and fun to play. if i can squeeze the time in, i may take another [censored] at it myself. lw

_______
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:13 pm

jim, a few weeks ago links started suddenly closing whenever i checked the in-game leaderboard, and i got the same buffer overrun message. then it went away for a month, and now it's back. my guess is that it may have something to do with cookie clearing, but i've got an open mind. lw

_________
Larry_Warrilow

Next

Return to Talk About It