How do I join a tournament?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

How do I join a tournament?

Postby PirataCuenca on Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:17 am

Hi all!

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to join a tournament. I've just registered in this site and I've received the account confirmation. However, when I go to "current events" or "tournaments" I don't know where to click for sign up. I have the full game with all the courses availables on the official web and the 1.07 v

Edit: Solved. I read on "help" and it's solved. Sorry, I should have started from there.
PirataCuenca

Re: How do I join a tournament?

Postby pmgolf on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:43 am

Welcome! Glad to have you here! :D

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Bruce Bo on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:12 am

After you've registered here, open LINKS Tour (the game) and you will find "online" then "links tour"
follow yellow brick road :)
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby PirataCuenca on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:52 am

Thank you very much.

I have a question. In the "current event" screen I've seen more than one tournament with the same name, I've seen a few "the Masters" and I've seen some tournaments with (chal) in the name. Wht does it means?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!
PirataCuenca

Postby pmgolf on Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:01 pm

The tournaments with the same name may be divided into different swing types (Click, RTS or Powerstroke), or divided into different skill levels (Elite, Champ, Pro, Amateur), or divided into different conditions (Challenging or non-challenging). It's up to you because you have to decide your swing type, your skill level, and which conditions you want to play. The "conditions" refer to course conditions - "firmness" of the greens and fairways (Soft, moderate, hard, soft (challenging), moderate (challenging) and firm (challenging), and green "speed" (slow, medium, fast, slow (challenging), Medium (challenging), and Fast (challenging).

For "Firmness", start with Soft. Make it a little harder and it becomes Moderate, make it a little harder and it becomes Firm, make it a little harder and it becomes Soft (challenging), make it a little harder and it becomes Moderate (challenging), make it a little harder and it becomes... yes! Firm (Challenging)!

Putting on greens that are Soft and Slow is like putting on greens covered by molasses. Putting on greens that are Firm (challenging) and Fast (challenging) is like putting on a surface of glass.

Hope this helps!

Pete
pmgolf

Return to Talk About It