How about ANYTHING about th tour status

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

How about ANYTHING about th tour status

Postby normanfinbar on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:23 am

Mark or whomever -just tell us to shut up and color if that is appropriate - but please at least acknowledge you are at least still working on SOMETHING. I am patient but think its rediculous to get a cookie of an update every several months. Just say "nothing new" every so often if that is where its at. Does anyone even read this? (anyone that matters)

Finbar
normanfinbar

Postby Freefaller on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:51 am

I read this and like to think I matter (actually don't, but like to think so) :lol:

PS: here on the main site last word that he was working on something was 8 Mar 07, probably more recent stuff on the test site.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:33 am

ok, as a 'whomever', norman, shut up.

i kinda like to think everyone here, from mark, all the way down to me, matters. you don't hafta be a freefaller, helping posters with technical issues. even the noob players are integral parts of keeping this tour alive.

norman's simply one of those folks that occasionally needs a little pat on the tail to let 'em know mom's still close by. nothing wrong with that.
terrell

Postby Bruce Bo on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:39 am

and me.. dont forget me!

i posted last week that Mark was on vacation (12 -16th) so that should be worth something :)
as for what is happening, or how soon the next step will be released, i cant help. As far as i know, Mark is keeping that info completly to himself~
( but i'll see if i can shake something out of him ) ;)
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Shutup??

Postby normanfinbar on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:05 am

You are a tard terrell - I've been around links probably longer than you have been alive. All I asked was someone to say something about whats up with the tour - someone that matters. And you say Shutup? I guess thats the current status.
normanfinbar

Re: Shutup??

Postby Bruce Bo on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:23 am

normanfinbar wrote:You are a tard terrell - I've been around links probably longer than you have been alive. All I asked was someone to say something about whats up with the tour - someone that matters. And you say Shutup? I guess thats the current status.

whoa.. Norman! you ASKED to be told either some info,or Told to SHUTUP.. granted yours was tongue in cheek, but Terrell only did the same~ tongue in cheek, sense of humor reply, the same as you.

i grinned.. knowing it was coming in the first place, because i thought about - only Terrell isnt as reserved as i am :P have a grin, and wait for Mark to reply. i've already asked him for an update, based on your request :)
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby duffer123 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:50 am

Check the test site,it will help
duffer123

Postby terrell on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:53 am

normanfinbar wrote:You are a tard terrell - I've been around links probably longer than you have been alive. All I asked was someone to say something about whats up with the tour - someone that matters. And you say Shutup? I guess thats the current status.

since it was a pretty good bet mark wouldn't be here (he's on (uh, was) vacation) to give an update, you said 'tell us to shut up'. i'm very sorry i offended you, norman. please forgive me?

thanks, duffer. good heads up.

03/20/07
I apologize for the long delay in working on the site. I've been really busy doing other things. I'm going to merge the test site into the main site next week. Let's plan on Thursday March 29th. So, that means the site will be non-functional on that day while I make the changes and all events will be blown away. If everything goes according to plan, the site should be back up by 5pm PST. The forum will remain unchanged.
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:27 am

LOL, I've said it before T. It's all in the delivery.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:37 am

Freefaller wrote:LOL, I've said it before T. It's all in the delivery.

i know. i can't count the times we've said exactly the same thing, i get hosed, and you get another star. same way at work.
terrell

Postby GDI_Coyote on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:59 am

norman....shut up and color. 8)
GDI_Coyote

Postby Frankoh on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:49 am

normanfinbar wrote:I've been around links probably longer than you have been alive.

Could that possibly be true T ?? .. lol .. If so . i'm surprised that coloring is not all your doing Norm ... that's tongue in cheek by the way !! .. Don't yell @ me .. i'm very sensitive :oops: ... but I must add my 2 cents worth .. i've been involved quite a few times in trying to create a little something different for fellow linksters ... very mickey mouse stuff compared to what Mark's trying to accomplish & I can vouch for the fact that's it is a TON of work. To think that Mark is working on this site @ whatever pace .. for absolutely nothing, to provide us with something that resembles the old tour site(remember .. peeps were getting paid to create & maintain that 1) .. well let's just say wtg Mark ... we really appreciate the effort. I know it's frustrating as many of our expectations have not been met .. bet hey ... no matter how long it takes .. the guy deserves Kudos

PS: & Kudos to those behind the scenes helping out !!
No matter where you go .... there you are :)
Frankoh

Postby djwoods10 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:58 am

dont change t thats what i like about you rite to the point
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

Postby terrell on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:00 am

HawkWynd wrote:
normanfinbar wrote:I've been around links probably longer than you have been alive.

Could that possibly be true T ??

i'll be 30 in july, so i don't think that's quite possible. and i bought the first links almost as soon as it hit the shelves, so i think maybe bruce carver is one of the few that have played links longer than me (well, he doesn't play any more obviously, but you know what i mean).

everyone that reports to me is older, so i wish i had a dollar for everytime i've heard 'whipper snapper'. (8

djwoods10 wrote:dont change t thats what i like about you rite to the point

thanks, don. but free's right, i need to work on my delivery.
terrell

Postby Dr_Dave on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:26 am

What I can add, is that changes made are being done on the test site. If you want to help, that is where you might want to play. Like HawkWynd said, most people can't even imagine the work that it takes to keep a site like this going.

Mark does know what's going on believe me. When the problems are ironed out the two sites will be rolled into one. So, for the time being, help out by playing at the test site and share any problems you encounter. Right now multiplay is the only thing causing a hitch at the moment.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Next

Return to Talk About It