HCAP PS Events

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

HCAP PS Events

Postby Edward64 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 pm

Do HCAP PS swing events actually allow classic swings to participate?
After my first round I looked at the standings and it showed almost everyone using classic swing and some using real time swing when the requirements clearly showed PS swing type. Am I missing something here? Did they all participate with PS swings and their profiles are classic?
Edward64

Re: HCAP PS Events

Postby GoBucks on Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:12 am

HCAP events are all-inclusive. All swing types, all skill levels. The use of the handicap levels the playing field. No swing type or skill level has an advantage. That's the purpose of the handicap.

The requirements for the handicap event clearly shows "Any Swing."
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby pmgolf on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:39 am

Edward64 wrote:Do HCAP PS swing events actually allow classic swings to participate?
After my first round I looked at the standings and it showed almost everyone using classic swing and some using real time swing when the requirements clearly showed PS swing type. Am I missing something here? Did they all participate with PS swings and their profiles are classic?

Everyone uses the Swing Type they qualified with. I use Real-Time Swing. If you see PS, the others see Click or RTS or whatever they are. Some tournaments allow the Swing Type to be split out so all Clickers play together, PS with PSers, etc, and some split it out even further and show PS Pro, PS Champ, RTS Pro, RTS Champ, etc. The World Tour combines them all together and lets the handicaps keep things competitive (even though Clickers win a lot of the time), but "Top Clicker" and "Top Non-clicker" receive recognition in each tournament.

The European Tour splits out the 4 Skill Levels: the Skill Level players play together: Pro, Champ, Amateur and Elite. (The Tour Director, Steve, plays PS)

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Edward64 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:43 pm

Thanx for that. Your first few sentences described the exact details that no one else seemed to be able to answer.
An actual real explanation.

Cheer,

Edward.
Edward64

Postby GoBucks on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:16 am

Edward64 wrote:Do HCAP PS swing events actually allow classic swings to participate?

Wasn't this the question? If it was, then the answer is yes, like I said in my previous response. Handicap events are all-inclusive.
GoBucks

Postby GoBucks on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:22 am

pmgolf wrote:handicaps keep things competitive (even though Clickers win a lot of the time)

Clickers win more often because they make up at least 90% of the World Tour.

pmgolf wrote:The European Tour splits out the 4 Skill Levels: the Skill Level players play together: Pro, Champ, Amateur and Elite. (The Tour Director, Steve, plays PS)
Pete

With the exception of his one handicap event per week.
GoBucks

Postby KunkleMan on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 am

Fortunate to have anyone respond! :roll:
KunkleMan

Postby pmgolf on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:45 am

GoBucks wrote:

Wasn't this the question? If it was, then the answer is yes, like I said in my previous response. Handicap events are all-inclusive.

I didn't completely understand your response either, Dave. You got into why handicaps are good and I don't think he was asking that. Hey - you got a problem with me trying to help the guy, too? Did I somehow kick you dog, or are you really that sensitive?

To me, the first thing that needed to be straightened out was that it wasn't a HCap PS swing event - it was the PS swing part of a HCAP event, and yes, there is a Classic swing part and also a Real-time swing part, so all swing types participate. All-inclusive? really?

And

"Handicaps keep things competitive (even though Clickers win a lot of the time)

You: Clickers win more often because they make up at least 90% of the World Tour."

My opinion: clickers win more often because, on average, they shoot lower scores.

Helping new players shouldn't be a competition, Dave.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Steve Sullivan on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:11 am

GoBucks wrote:
pmgolf wrote:handicaps keep things competitive (even though Clickers win a lot of the time)

Clickers win more often because they make up at least 90% of the World Tour.

pmgolf wrote:The European Tour splits out the 4 Skill Levels: the Skill Level players play together: Pro, Champ, Amateur and Elite. (The Tour Director, Steve, plays PS)
Pete

With the exception of his one handicap event per week.

I've thought long and hard several times about making the main events on the European Tour into handicap events similar to here, but that wasn't the ethos that Mike wanted to follow, hence the separate handicap event. At times it would make sense as we seem to have no Elite and very few Amateurs playing. So in some ways it would make my life easier ( I may win a few more events )
Steve Sullivan

Postby GoBucks on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:47 am

Pete, I'm taking our discussion off line so as to perhaps clear up our misunderstang.
GoBucks

Return to Talk About It