PLSA US Open from the director

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA US Open from the director

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:17 am

Guys,

I'm so sorry. I sent Atlanta Athletic to Mark and he acknowledged he would use it. I see DOUBLE entries for PLSA and both are using Bethpage Black. Atlanta is far closer to Winged Foot (which could not be made ready do to some corruption in the APCD).

I've written Mark and asked him to please delete all and replace with Atlanta. I don't know if he'll do it or not.

Doug Hurst (GoesForIt)
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA US Open from the director

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:56 am

MARK HAS FIXED EVERYTHING. PLAY AWAY.

Mark, thank you so much and sorry for any confusion.

Doug (GoesForIt)
GoesForIt

Postby pmgolf on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Doug, I thought you had switched away from Atlanta Athletic so I switched to it and set up my tournament. Sorry - too late to change now since I spent all morning on setting the pins.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:45 pm

pmgolf wrote:Doug, I thought you had switched away from Atlanta Athletic so I switched to it and set up my tournament. Sorry - too late to change now since I spent all morning on setting the pins.

Pete

No. I switched from Bethpage Black Atlanta. I posted that in ...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13007

... on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:49 pm

In that post you responded...

"Re: PLSA Update for U. S. Open
Postby pmgolf on Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:59 pm

Brave move on that round 4, Dave! I'm proud of you! :D I'm going to try to keep the faith and go for the new Winged Foot West. You can't go wrong with the new Atlanta Athletic Club though.

Pete"

I think it will be fine.
GoesForIt

Postby pmgolf on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:40 am

GoesForIt wrote:
pmgolf wrote:Doug, I thought you had switched away from Atlanta Athletic so I switched to it and set up my tournament. Sorry - too late to change now since I spent all morning on setting the pins.

Pete

No. I switched from Bethpage Black Atlanta. I posted that in ...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13007

... on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:49 pm

In that post you responded...

"Re: PLSA Update for U. S. Open
Postby pmgolf on Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:59 pm

Brave move on that round 4, Dave! I'm proud of you! :D I'm going to try to keep the faith and go for the new Winged Foot West. You can't go wrong with the new Atlanta Athletic Club though.

Pete"

I think it will be fine.

That may be true, but when I found out that Winged Foot wasn't going to be available I had to find a substitute course. I came to LSPN and checked to see what course other tours were using since I once had a course conflict with Steve Sullivan. Lo and behold the PLSA tournament was live and using Bethpage Black! I went to the Forum and saw nothing from you like a post saying "Hey! The course for PLSA is wrong and I'm working on it", so I figured you must have had a change of mind about your course choice. I then spent about 4 hours selecting pins. It wasn't until AFTER I posted the tournament for play that I saw a post from you mentioning it - 12:17 pm to be precise. Sorry I wasn't able to read your mind! :P

Pete
pmgolf

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:33 am

pmgolf wrote:That may be true, but when I found out that Winged Foot wasn't going to be available I had to find a substitute course. I came to LSPN and checked to see what course other tours were using since I once had a course conflict with Steve Sullivan. Lo and behold the PLSA tournament was live and using Bethpage Black! I went to the Forum and saw nothing from you like a post saying "Hey! The course for PLSA is wrong and I'm working on it", so I figured you must have had a change of mind about your course choice. I then spent about 4 hours selecting pins. It wasn't until AFTER I posted the tournament for play that I saw a post from you mentioning it - 12:17 pm to be precise. Sorry I wasn't able to read your mind! :P

Pete

I'm sorry for that. I had submitted the chg from BPB to AA Club to Mark almost a whole week before and he acknowledged that change in email. Still, he initially put up BPB. I was as surprised as anyone to see BPB posted Thursday morning... and initially in duplicate. I was in quick contact with Mark to sort things out. Again, sorry for the confusion.
GoesForIt

Postby pmgolf on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:10 am

Next time something like that happens, please post what's going on here as early as you possibly can so we can avoid this happening again. Thanks,

Pete
pmgolf

Return to Talk About It