PLSA Update for U. S. Open

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA Update for U. S. Open

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:49 pm

Guys,

I've decided to go with Atlanta Athletic Club for the U. S. Open. It's much, much closer to Winged Foot West than Bethpage.

This is a Glenn Braden course. I’ve been through it from top to bottom and the pin positions are tough but fair (no ridiculous breaks or roll back to the feet). 7,600+ yards.

Round 4 is Firm(C)/Fast(C) (spoiler alert) but again, nothing upsetting about the pin positions.

https://www.linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2595
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA Update for U. S. Open

Postby Blade on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:55 pm

Check Links Corner - Dorse72 is working on having a playable Beta of Winged Foot West - US Open 2020 in time for the event.
Blade

Postby pmgolf on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:59 pm

Brave move on that round 4, Dave! I'm proud of you! :D I'm going to try to keep the faith and go for the new Winged Foot West. You can't go wrong with the new Atlanta Athletic Club though.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Blade wrote:Check Links Corner - Dorse72 is working on having a playable Beta of Winged Foot West - US Open 2020 in time for the event.

I've heard nothing from anyone on it. I've been there and there's lots of pictures, but I need the course myself in advance. I will still consider it if I see it available soon and have time to analyze it and set appropriate pin positions.

I worked for two years to get my PGA National used for the Honda Classic so I know it's disappointing not to have the correct course when available. The tourney starts a week from tomorrow.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:27 pm

pmgolf wrote:Brave move on that round 4, Dave! I'm proud of you! :D I'm going to try to keep the faith and go for the new Winged Foot West. You can't go wrong with the new Atlanta Athletic Club though.

Pete

I've putted from every part of the green with the round 4 pin positions and speeds. I think they're all good. If not I'm sure I'll hear about it... but it is the U. S. Open.
GoesForIt

Postby BruMu on Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:16 am

Why not contact the designer and ask for an early copy to test? Explain it's for the Tour. Certainly no harm in asking.
These are the "Good Ole Days", just wait and see.
BruMu

Postby GoBucks on Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:15 am

pmgolf wrote:Brave move on that round 4, Dave!
Pete

??? Did you by chance mean "Doug"?
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:05 am

BruMu wrote:Why not contact the designer and ask for an early copy to test? Explain it's for the Tour. Certainly no harm in asking.

I did post over on links corner forum. No response yet.
GoesForIt

Postby GoBucks on Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 am

GoesForIt wrote:Guys,

I've decided to go with Atlanta Athletic Club for the U. S. Open. It's much, much closer to Winged Foot West than Bethpage.

Since this was just released, you may want to verify that it is actually in the links data base. Pete has run into this issue more than once recently, including one of his events this week on the World Tour.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:23 am

GoBucks wrote:

Since this was just released, you may want to verify that it is actually in the links data base. Pete has run into this issue more than once recently, including one of his events this week on the World Tour.

I transmitted Key and ID to Mark. Mark has the privileges to add it. Pete has indicated he has those privileges also. Pete, can you check?
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:13 pm

GoBucks wrote:

Thanks for that tickler. Pete has put it in the DB.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It