Scoring Glitch - Offline Play

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Scoring Glitch - Offline Play

Postby mercedes on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:24 am

I have sustained two scoring issues recently. If you look at leaderboard for Troon North Open - CHAMP and Tis All Fun - AMMY, you'll note where it did not count one round for eacj tourney? When I played Troon this morning, it stated "stats submitted successfully". However, it then showed I played three rounds, whehn I have only played two? What's really strange was both rounds it skipped were in the middle, like it didn't even recognize the round or arbitrarily decided I didn't play round two and started me at round three?

Is this a new bug? Haven't experienced this before.

Scott :?
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby terrell on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:19 am

have you checked your stroke total for thee open at great britain? very strange.

i started to say something yesterday, but when mark ports the test site stuff to the main, i hope most of the scoring anomalies will disappear. problems with the main site aren't really telling him anything. issues with the test site are much more productive.
terrell

Postby mercedes on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:02 am

Thanks Terrell. It was very strange, as the point totals are not correct for what should have been two rounds on CHAMP event and three rounds on AMMY one. Even though it shows I completed 3 rounds and 4 rounds respectively? I think your right that these are being addressed somewhere on test sight, it's just I never had that happen before. All was weel, as I took Murray's advice and began playing "offline" to avoid glitches during play!

Oh well, not going to lose sleep over it! The tourneys were still fun to play. Thanks for response.

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby Freefaller on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:50 am

Not a new issue, it has been happening for a while. Just write it off and hope things get better in the future.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby BirdieExpress on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:20 pm

Another strange scoring glitch at Troon...... I played my 3rd round yesterday and shot -5. I played my 4th round today and shot -9. But, the in-game leaderboard during Round 4 showed my score after each hole, but it was not correct and it showed me as playing Round 3 (again). I ended Round 2 at -16, and shot -9 in the 4th Round (which it was counting as my 3rd Round), and my score total at the end of the round was shown as being -25 after 3 rounds. I thought COOL! I got a mullie-round, the game finally gave me a break (it owes me plenty since I started playing Champ!) But when I went to end the round and submit the stats it wouldn't submit, DQ'd me, and my nice 4th Round not only didn't count but it DQ'd me. What a twist. O well...... :twisted:
BirdieExpress

Return to Talk About It