Your ATTENTION Please!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Your ATTENTION Please!

Postby lstouradmin on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:32 pm

Thanks for all the kind words guys. In a nutshell , I'm currently in the hospital after having a colon resection to remove a mass found during a colonoscopy.

Normally I would never think about posting something so personal but if it can encourage someone to get tested if they are of age or have symptoms - then great.

Quite honestly I almost didn't do the test because I was scared and thought it will never happen to me anyway. My savior of a wife kept me on point though. It turns out we caught it early. Had I waited until is was over 50 things could have been much worse.

So if you are over 50 and never been tested, get it done. The test was so easy company to surgery. If you are under 50 and have symptoms get checked out.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:41 pm

that is great news Mark ! thanks for letting all of us know .......
here's to a speedy recovery .......you are in good hands !
'see you on the course' soon hehe :D

(here in Australia we have a FREE home bowl test for those over 50 years of age every 2 years ! hahaha .........my kit is due to be sent out by the end of this year ! erkkkk ..........)

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby GoBucks on Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:28 am

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mark.

Dave
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby pmgolf on Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:37 am

Sounds like your wife is going to help you live to a ripe old age. Mine does the same thing and I'm a healthy 74. Glad it turned out so well!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Mississippi on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:05 am

I am very sorry to hear you were diagnosed with colon cancer Mark. I wish for you a full and speedy recovery, and hope any post surgery inconveniences are short term. I applaud your spreading the word on testing, but will add that if your diabetic to lower that age to 40 on the 1st test.

My wife Kathy was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in the spring of 2002 at the age of 42 :cry: . She had no family history of cancer but was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at an early age, and i remember the doctor telling the family he wished the AMA would tell diabetics to get tested at 35 or 40 instead of 50.

I imagine there are a few that were here when we were on the old server, who recall some of the posts i made during her 4 year battle that followed her surgery.

Stay strong amigo, your still and will continue to be in our thoughts.
Mississippi

Postby albatros on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:58 am

glad to hear your wife encouraged you to see this through and may you have a speedy recovery.

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Postby GOLFGEEK1 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:45 am

lstouradmin wrote:Thanks for all the kind words guys. In a nutshell , I'm currently in the hospital after having a colon resection to remove a mass found during a colonoscopy

Hay Mark. I had the exact same operation a year ago. Fixed all my problems(except the mental ones :lol: ) I was in the hospital for 4 days. Best of Luck pard and a speedy recovery!! :D

RICK :)
"I'm Smiling because I have NO CLUE what's going on"
GOLFGEEK1

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:46 am

Good news, Mark. Yes, prevention is the best medicine.
rwoodworkr

Postby Chippie on Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:31 am

Mark,
You'll be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Roy Chapman
Chippie

Postby TexAgs on Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:40 am

Hopefully all is going good! Get well soon!
TexAgs

Postby Johnny777 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:50 am

Hope all is fine and the recovery is going well ... my prayers are with you Mark

God bless
Johnny
Love to play GOLF and MORE

You can reach me on Skype at : johnny777bj
Johnny777

Postby Coltrane on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:48 am

Mark... I hadn't been on the community lately, so I had no idea what you've through. My thoughts are with you and hoping that your recovery continues going well! I've been through a similar experience with my health, and my wife was the one who kept bugging me about it.

Like you, I was reluctant to get the appropriate test, fearing the worst. My doctor recognized that, and he said something i'll never forget. He said, "the real fear is in 'not knowing'... let's know"! Those were the words I needed to hear. The results revealed that I had cancer, then the fight kicked in. Caught early, and 5 years later here I am.

Keep moving forward my friend! Thanks for all you do to bring this great game to us!

Best wishes,
Mitchell
Coltrane

Postby bubba17 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:26 pm

Hi Mark,

I came on this board tonight to cry about the lumberyard that is Round 1 of this week's Handicap. Like Coltrane, I never check this forum out so I had no idea until now about your situation. It's a bit damning going from crybaby to acknowledging reality.

I wish you the best in your recovery. You are a good guy and run a first rate site. Lets keep all that going.

Best regards,

Bob
bubba17

Postby lstouradmin on Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:39 am

Hi all,

After 5 weeks today I am doing much better. I'll be more communicative from here on out too. I apologize for the lack of attention over the last few months.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby albatros on Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:53 am

absolutely no apologies necessary and very glad to hear you are on the mend!!!

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It