Power Stroke

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Power Stroke

Postby d_romprey on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:55 am

I finally took the time to look at the site and all the touny stats. It seems like I'm the only one that uses power stroke. Most everyone uses the classic swing type. That surprises me because it is pretty lame just clicking a button to generate a swing. The reason I like power stroke is because it is more realistic. I hope down the line the tournys can be done by swing type. I'm the worst golfer by score but I would rather be worst with the more difficult swing, than just click click click . I'm not trying to degrade anyone but I wish I knew how others using power stroke fair..
d_romprey

Postby Crissy on Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:42 am

I don’t play Power Stroke much now ( hardly at all ) but I use to at one time. You can get pretty good at it if one works at it. I could never beat pro clickers, but I could give most any champ clicker a run for there money. Most people like pro click because its fun for them as its a game. I say play what ever makes you happy.

Crissy
Crissy

Re: Power Stroke

Postby BruceWallace on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:27 am

d_romprey wrote:I finally took the time to look at the site and all the touny stats. It seems like I'm the only one that uses power stroke. Most everyone uses the classic swing type. That surprises me because it is pretty lame just clicking a button to generate a swing. The reason I like power stroke is because it is more realistic. I hope down the line the tournys can be done by swing type. I'm the worst golfer by score but I would rather be worst with the more difficult swing, than just click click click . I'm not trying to degrade anyone but I wish I knew how others using power stroke fair..

Play what you want, and let others play what they want. Who are you to say that click is lame??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
BruceWallace

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:26 pm

generating a swing by flicking one of your wrists is pretty far up there on the lamenessometer too, if the truth has to be told. lw

___
Larry_Warrilow

Postby KCJammer on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:37 pm

I switched from Classic Swing to Powerstroke when it first came out in 1999 or 2000. It was my swing preference up until last year when my old mouse crapped out and I couldn't get the new mouse to work properly. At the height of my game, I was able to average -8 at Pro and maybe -2 at Champ.

Powerstroke never gained the numbers it needed to thrive and when the RTS swing was introduced in 2003, it pretty much delivered a knockout blow to the Powerstroke community and its tours.

I've since returned to Classic Swing. It's nice to compete against some decent-sized fields for a change.
KCJammer

Postby BruceWallace on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:02 pm

KCJammer wrote:I switched from Classic Swing to Powerstroke when it first came out in 1999 or 2000. It was my swing preference up until last year when my old mouse crapped out and I couldn't get the new mouse to work properly. At the height of my game, I was able to average -8 at Pro and maybe -2 at Champ.

Powerstroke never gained the numbers it needed to thrive and when the RTS swing was introduced in 2003, it pretty much delivered a knockout blow to the Powerstroke community and its tours.

I've since returned to Classic Swing. It's nice to compete against some decent-sized fields for a change.

I still play both Powerstroke and Classic. I think that I played RTS for 2 years but have not played it in almost 2 years.

I was playing all 3 stroke modes for about a year. I found it tough, going from one stroke mode to another, when playing the different tournaments in the same week. :) I quit playing RTS.
BruceWallace

Postby Armand on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:22 pm

I play elite powerstroke exclusively. I've also turned off all cameras (other than the main one, of course!), the grid, and the BLI. I play in closeup mode, since (to me) this most closely resembles what I see when I'm golfing IRL. My scores aren't great by any means - I am usually between +5 and +20 on a single, 18-hole round. My handicap at two tours I participate in are both +7.

I agree with you that PS seems to best represent a golf swing, although as Larry points it, it doesn't really do the real swing any justice! I clicked when that was the only swing type available, but switched to PS when it was introduced. I never really gave RTS an honest try, since it seemed to me to be an odd way to "swing a golf club". Anyway, you are not alone, d_rompey, but there aren't many of us.

Armand
Armand

Postby GregHankins on Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:41 pm

We're out there... there just aren't many of us. I play mostly pro PS, and some elite (skipped right by champ for some reason), and during the week there are usually a couple or three user created touraments for PS swings only. I don't recall seeing a d-romprey on any of the leader boards, so he must not have looked closely enough. There's always room for more PS'rs
GregHankins

Postby GDI_Coyote on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 pm

I play elite,champ RTS primarily,but have played clickity click with friends.I also play the mod when i can find a game using those same swing methods.So far as the lameness issue....this game is lame when compared to the real thing.Maybe Mark can put in a patch so i can smell fresh cut grass :lol:

Keep it real,

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby TIG__Ripper on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:25 am

:roll:
TIG__Ripper

Moving back toward PS

Postby HeavySwinger on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:42 pm

I switched from PS in the 2k1 days to RTS when 2K3 came out because I could never get my mouse to work right for PS. Now with WindowsXP, PS is working great and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I tried PS Elite and found it more enjoyable to play than RTS Elite. So now I play RTS PRO if I want to compete against the better RTS and Classic swing PRO players and I play PS when I want to compete against other PSers and against RTS or Classic swing players who don't occupy the top of the leader boards all the time.

I am interested in PS tourneys here and I'm sure when this site gets out of beta, there will be more PS only tourneys to play and statistics kept to see how you are doing against the rest of the PSers.

Roughly, I shoot about -7 for PS and -13 for RTS for average difficulty PRO tourneys. I hope to see you on the leader boards here soon.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Return to Talk About It