I'm Not Dead Yet - But They Can Send Me Some

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

I'm Not Dead Yet - But They Can Send Me Some

Postby Blade on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:48 pm

The US Treasury mistakenly sent more than $1.4bn of its pandemic rescue funds to dead people, government inspectors have found.
But the rush to deliver the money has contributed to errors, inspectors said.
For example, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) report found that the Treasury Department, which was in charge of mailing stimulus cheques to American families, did not check death records, even though some of the tax officials working on the program said they raised concerns about the risk of erroneous mailings.
Blade

Re: I'm Not Dead Yet - But They Can Send Me Some

Postby pmgolf on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:58 pm

Our government is very messed up right now, Blade. And it's "Government Accounting Office" - our politicians don't care about accountability. Need any politicians down there? :lol:

Pete
pmgolf

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Heh, my deceased mother received her check. Sent it back. What a waste of time and money. Just like the numerous letters we got informing us of our payment.
rwoodworkr

Postby Blade on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:09 pm

pmgolf wrote:Our government is very messed up right now, Blade. And it's "Government Accounting Office" - our politicians don't care about accountability. Need any politicians down there? :lol:

Pete

Sadly I have No Confidence that our's are any Better.
Blade

Postby Mississippi on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:11 pm

Blade wrote:The US Treasury mistakenly sent more than $1.4bn of its pandemic rescue funds to dead people, government inspectors have found.
But the rush to deliver the money has contributed to errors, inspectors said.
For example, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) report found that the Treasury Department, which was in charge of mailing stimulus cheques to American families, did not check death records, even though some of the tax officials working on the program said they raised concerns about the risk of erroneous mailings.

The really sad part is there are 30-35 million Live ones who haven't received a check yet. Many of them are subject to evictions and utility shutoffs.
Mississippi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Blade wrote:Sadly I have No Confidence that our's are any Better.

spot on Blade ...

remember our fearless leader Prime Minister Kevin DUDD Rudd back in 2007 (2008 ?) during the GFC, where OUR dead people and those Aussies permantly living overseas received around $1,000 as a stimulus gift to spend HERE to boost the Australian economy ?

my nephew is/was/has been a permanant resident in Scotland (Orkney Islands) - married with 2 kids - and HE got the $1,000 stimulus ! what did he do with it ?? bought GROG and had a PARTY ! he thought it was hillarious !

and here's me, as a sol trader, born and permanantly living in Australia, because of a 'Stimulus technicality' in that i had a previous year's negative tax obligation -------- in that i didn't qualify to PAY tax that previous year, i didn't receive the $1,000 stimulus !

bloody HOPELESS the LOT of THEM gggrrrrrrrrrrr !

don't get me started ............ :x

:wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby ilesquire on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:58 am

Quote ......don't get me started ............ :roll:

FYI - https://kevinrudd.com/2020/03/18/13-myt ... -stimulus/

Yes JRT give us all a break & don't get started ......please keep your political views to yourself & I'll do the same ..............
ilesquire

Postby KunkleMan on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:48 am

ilesquire wrote:Quote ......don't get me started ............ :roll:

FYI - https://kevinrudd.com/2020/03/18/13-myt ... -stimulus/

Yes JRT give us all a break & don't get started ......please keep your political views to yourself & I'll do the same ..............

Yeah, bury your head in the sand!!

There is no government that's run like a good business. No accountability---next to impossible to fire bad employees.
KunkleMan

Postby ilesquire on Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:08 am

"Yeah, bury your head in the sand!!"

KunkleMan, in reply to JRT, I pointed to a different opinion. I did not say I supported it one way or another. You have no idea what my political opinion/persuasion may or may not be. I'm not about to discuss politics in this LSPN forum as I don't think it is an appropriate place for that type of content. Do carry on though.... it does provide some amusement.... :)
ilesquire

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:04 pm

ilesquire wrote:......please keep your political views to yourself & I'll do the same ..............

good ! :D
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Bassmaster on Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Every year I file my taxes and sometimes the IRS puts a refund into my bank account and sometimes I have to pay them electronically using that same bank account. The U.S. Treasury Department has that same bank information because my SS gets deposited every month into it. So, why did the U.S. Treasury Department send me a stimulus check in the mail? And also, I'm retired and don't work anymore so why in the world did I get a stimulus check? I took it and yes, I put it into that same bank account.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Return to Talk About It