Chapultepec

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Chapultepec

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu May 14, 2020 2:31 am

After one round of pro I am not sure I have any desire to finish the event off! Crazy course with even crazier pin positions :roll:

I assume there are se :lol: nsible pin positions out there but I dread to think how it will play in challenging.

Or is it just me?
RoyHiggi

Re: Chapultepec

Postby BruMu on Thu May 14, 2020 6:54 am

I play Champ Classic on the Chal Tour - Chapultepec is one tough course. Very narrow Fwy's with plenty of trees and some of those greens are downright scary. :)

I managed a 69 in rnd 1, 5 birdies and 3 bogies, including the Par 5 6th...ugh.

I shudder to think what putting will be like in rnd 4 with M/c F/c settings. :shock:

All good fun, will finish out the Tournament for sure. :D
These are the "Good Ole Days", just wait and see.
BruMu

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu May 14, 2020 8:12 am

BruMu wrote:I play Champ Classic on the Chal Tour - Chapultepec is one tough course. Very narrow Fwy's with plenty of trees and some of those greens are downright scary. :)

I managed a 69 in rnd 1, 5 birdies and 3 bogies, including the Par 5 6th...ugh.

I shudder to think what putting will be like in rnd 4 with M/c F/c settings. :shock:

All good fun, will finish out the Tournament for sure. :D

Anything under par on there playing champ is a good round. If its challenging mode its a very very good round :D
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Thu May 14, 2020 2:27 pm

It's probably my fault. I'll check with Mark, but this week was supposed to be the PGA Champonship at Harding Park in SF.

I cannot explain the mix-up or even the name of the tournament either.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12742
GoesForIt

Postby BruMu on Fri May 15, 2020 5:38 am

Your best bet is to not bother finishing. If you thought round 1 was bad...... just shot 81 in rnd 2.

7 bogies, 3 dbl bogies, lolol. Some of those pins I wouldn't use on S/S they're that bad.

On a positive note, I did mange 3 birdies on the back 9 :lol:

Drives in FWY - 5 (35%)
GIR - 7 (38%)
Total Putts - 29

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
BruMu

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri May 15, 2020 9:18 am

Ouch! I am not brave enough to play it champ but I will give challenging a go at pro level. Just need to take a patience pill or two and accept some real putting woes.
RoyHiggi

Postby BruMu on Fri May 15, 2020 9:25 am

A lot of my problem comes from my ever diminishing hand/eye coordination. I don't hit a lot of snaps anymore, so I really have no business playing a course like Chapultepec at Champ ability.

I consider my results to be "self inflicted wounds" :lol: :lol:
BruMu

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri May 15, 2020 10:47 am

BruMu wrote:A lot of my problem comes from my ever diminishing hand/eye coordination. I don't hit a lot of snaps anymore, so I really have no business playing a course like Chapultepec at Champ ability.

And the other regular event is at Prairie Dunes where the greens are almost as bad so no respite there.
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Fri May 15, 2020 12:22 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
BruMu wrote:A lot of my problem comes from my ever diminishing hand/eye coordination. I don't hit a lot of snaps anymore, so I really have no business playing a course like Chapultepec at Champ ability.

And the other regular event is at Prairie Dunes where the greens are almost as bad so no respite there.

I don't do CLSC. When I use PD, I use Steve Avery's version.
GoesForIt

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri May 15, 2020 2:21 pm

GoesForIt wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:

So 2 versions could be in use for one event and i assume one with crazy greens and one not so crazy! Wow That's not right is it. I wouldn't know which one I an using but missing that 4 foot putt suggests it's the crazy one :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
GoesForIt wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:[

So 2 versions could be in use for one event and i assume one with crazy greens and one not so crazy! Wow That's not right is it. I wouldn't know which one I an using but missing that 4 foot putt suggests it's the crazy one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy, I do PLSA. If I use PD, I use Steve Avery's version. Mark uses (LS) on the CLSC tour because all courses there are "factory" (Access or Microsoft) courses not APCD courses.

I also go through all 4 rounds checking pin positions for fairness.

Mark put in filler events for PLSA until the real Pro Tour comes back. He apologizes for pin positions at Chapultec. I've asked him for courses he'll use in the remaining filler events so I can check pin positions. I'm waiting to hear back on that.
GoesForIt

Postby BruMu on Sat May 16, 2020 3:02 am

GoesForIt wrote:Mark put in filler events for PLSA until the real Pro Tour comes back. He apologizes for pin positions at Chapultec. I've asked him for courses he'll use in the remaining filler events so I can check pin positions. I'm waiting to hear back on that.

Thanks for doing this, much appreciated.
BruMu

Postby Harpo on Sat May 16, 2020 7:01 pm

Good luck with rd 4. Those pins and that condition for the greens. Lost interest after about 4 holes.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun May 17, 2020 3:26 am

Harpo wrote:Good luck with rd 4. Those pins and that condition for the greens. Lost interest after about 4 holes.

Sounds like a nightmare and enough to make my mind up not to play it in challenging mode :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun May 17, 2020 6:08 am

Harpo wrote:Good luck with rd 4. Those pins and that condition for the greens. Lost interest after about 4 holes.

Well I played it and did ok but some of the greens were crazy as you suggested. I noted 6 at least were mad and there is no doubt if you got your approach wrong you were closer to bogey than birdie. Happy it's gone now :lol:
RoyHiggi

Next

Return to Talk About It