Status

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby terrell on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:10 pm

lol. good one, murray.

but i'm still very interested in finding out exactly what belmont's expectations are. maybe there's something we're just totally missing that would terrifically enhance this tour. yeah, nice to have stats. nice to have rankings. i'll admit i blunder through life having a good time while others endure their personal hells. so i don't always see everything.
terrell

Postby Belmont on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:11 pm

What do I expect? For starters:

How about match play like we used to have,

How about stats and rankings,

How about David Cass or Mark keep in touch like they used to,

How about making it an easy procedure to connect and play in Match Maker. I have never figured out how to get "connection failed" corrected. Been playing Tiger Woods and it is a simple and efficient procedure. Works great
Belmont

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:40 pm

Belmont wrote:What do I expect? For starters:

How about match play like we used to have,

How about stats and rankings,

How about David Cass or Mark keep in touch like they used to,

How about making it an easy procedure to connect and play in Match Maker. I have never figured out how to get "connection failed" corrected. Been playing Tiger Woods and it is a simple and efficient procedure. Works great

So, basically you're driving a 78 civic and ya wanna know when your buddy is going to get his Corvette on the road.

Have you ever asked about your connection problems??

No doubt on my wishlist is for everything to be the way it was a year ago, but things change, thankfully or I'd still be a [censored].

Join a league with matchplay as part of the format. If memory serves, you've been asked repeatedly to join one particular league but you won't play H2H, so you can't be missing matchplay that much.

And if TW is do bloody wonderful, what the hell are you doing back here??Image

Edit: v i r g i n gets snubbed but hell made it through?? Image
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Westview on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:52 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:
Belmont wrote:

Ass also makes it through. :?
So far, we can say Ass and Hell as many times as required and in any combination.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:57 pm

Westview wrote:
tryandtyoneon wrote:
Belmont wrote:

So far, we can say Ass and Hell as many times as required and in any combination.

Sweet!!

tryandtyoneon

Postby Modman1 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:20 pm

I think we are driving people away by chastising them for asking a simple question. Many are frustrated and we may never see them again. Can we just accept some are more patient then others. We all appreciate what Mark is doing. I know the last Mark said was end of February and someone replied better make that March. I also realize this is a big chore and being done for free but if we ask it means we care and if we care why not just respect our caring.
We never have time to do it right, but we always find time to do it over.
Modman1

Postby terrell on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:00 pm

sorry, modman, i sorta kinda agree sometime i go into attack mode because someone just irks me the wrong way. but i'm simply not the type to ask the softball question, turn the other cheek, not challenge your intellect, or treat people as though they were all children. you make a statement, you gotta back it up. we've had tons of discussions here about everyone should just get along, hold hands, and just have one big intellectual o r g y. but i think that just dumbs down the whole species. think about it.

that said. i do agree with belmont. i think it's terrific we still got folk really interested in the game. willing to ask what the heck's going on. cares about what the timetable is. nothing wrong with that whatsoever. i was just askin'.

edit: i've said tons of i d i o t stuff myself, and i'm really disappointed if i don't get challenged. just because i don't agree with what you're saying, doesn't mean i don't respect your opinion. the best way to get on my bad side is to be condescending.
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:59 pm

Mark and DC, by and large, in the past, have not really been around all that much. when something new gets put in, then they are around to answer all questions, but when the status quo (in whatever form it is in at the time) is cooking along without major howls, they are not here much, and they don't have to be here. some people in the past have contorted this "hands on only when needed" approach to be some sort of disrespect. so, some folks need their hand held, but most of us don't.

and anyone who thinks links is stagnant or without novelty hasn't been playing the new courses that have been released in the last year or so. even some of the first time designers are putting out some very impressive work. i'll be glad to see the stats and rankings back, but for an interim site, this one isn't bad at all. lw

________
Larry_Warrilow

Postby GDI_Coyote on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:48 pm

So liberals are hypocrites AND condescending Terrell?Ahem....
terrell wrote:
Chip_Jett wrote:Have you? The reason for my post is i do play real golf, alot longer than you have im sure. If you drop down 2 clubs out of a fairway trap with a flat clean lye you must be a real hack lol.

that is just so unbelievably s t u p i d, chip, on every level. you sound like an eighth grader. and you know nothing about golf.

That said,i find it extremely ironic i got this email at work today(yeah some people work Saturdays).Hope you enjoy it Ripper ya condescending yankee!

Here's a little test to determine whether you are a Liberal,Conservative,or a Redneck:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and 2 kids when an Islamic terrorist with a huge knife suddenly comes around the corner,looks you in the eye,screams obscenities,praises Al lah,raises the knife and charges at you.
You're carrying a Glock 9 mm and are an expert shot.You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.What do you do?

Liberal's answer:
Well,that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have i ever done anytihing to him to make him want to attack me?
Could we run away?
What does the wife think?
What do the kids think?
Could i possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
Whats does the law say about this situation?
Does the gun have an appropriate safety buit into it?
Why am i carrying a loaded gun anyway and what kind of message does this send society and my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy just killing me?
Does he definately want to kil l me,or would he be happy just wounding me?
If i were to grab his knees and hold on,could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should i call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes,have a paint and deweed day and make this street a happier healthier street to discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing!I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Conservaitve's answer:
BANG!

Redneck's answer:
(Sound of tobacco spit hitting the street)BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click...(sounds of reloading)

:lol:

Peace thru superior fire power,

Steve 8)
GDI_Coyote

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Here we go!!!! Image

tryandtyoneon

Postby mercedes on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:20 am

I was going to post my question here on a scoring glitch, but this topic has taken a whole new turn from "status".

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

understand now

Postby aarondsears on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:13 pm

Liberal's answer:
Well,that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have i ever done anytihing to him to make him want to attack me?
Could we run away?
What does the wife think?
What do the kids think?
Could i possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
Whats does the law say about this situation?
Does the gun have an appropriate safety buit into it?
Why am i carrying a loaded gun anyway and what kind of message does this send society and my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy just killing me?
Does he definately want to kil l me,or would he be happy just wounding me?
If i were to grab his knees and hold on,could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should i call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes,have a paint and deweed day and make this street a happier healthier street to discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing!I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

I now know how the term bleeding hearts came about.
Aaron
aarondsears

Postby HeavySwinger on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:51 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:
Westview wrote:
tryandtyoneon wrote:
Belmont wrote:

Sweet!!

Wow :twisted: , based on these posts, I can say "You bet your sweet ass!" without getting censored!
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby Belmont on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:14 am

Just for the record: "Edit: [censored] gets, etc..." is not my quote. I believe that came from tryandtyoneon.

Hell, I don't even know what it means!

Question for Mark, David or those in the know: When we get up to full throttle here, whether there will be match play like the old days.
Belmont

Postby TIG__Ripper on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:36 am

I've never voted for a Democrat...but I'm a Liberal? Shows how much you know you stupid Redneck. LoL. :shock:
TIG__Ripper

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It