Postby MasterMontgomery on Tue May 05, 2020 1:03 pm

It would be nice to see the three of you competing against
one another. Seems to be some hold backs in that happening,

Doug :D
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Re: Elwood, Lacers, an Roy

Postby LACERS on Tue May 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Well, I figured out Elwood, he uses a 2nd name here to get the exact Pin Locations to practice. I monitored every tourney he done this year and looked to see if another player showing up as DQ'd. And sure enough found another player who only competed in tourney's Elwood did and DQ'd before R4H17...Only fair way to play this is to restrict one tourney to just the 3 of us playing.

And if Elwood is that Anika from way back, well Anika played Cases ladder and never was able to knock me off when I was #1 ranked, so as far as I am concerned case closed. not to mention Anika seemed too chicken to play VGA so she got something to hide, such as afraid someone figure out her Cheating trick or something, so in my books you cannot trust her as a legitimate player.
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU overclocked to 4.4 Ghz
Asus Tuf Gaming B450 m-atx motherboard
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
Asus VG249QGR 24" 144hz IPS monitor
PNY USB 3.1 256GB flash drive
Coolermaster Masterbox Lite 3 case
LACERS

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue May 05, 2020 2:08 pm

LACERS wrote:Well, I figured out Elwood, he uses a 2nd name here to get the exact Pin Locations to practice. I monitored every tourney he done this year and looked to see if another player showing up as DQ'd. And sure enough found another player who only competed in tourney's Elwood did and DQ'd before R4H17...Only fair way to play this is to restrict one tourney to just the 3 of us playing.

And if Elwood is that Anika from way back, well Anika played Cases ladder and never was able to knock me off when I was #1 ranked, so as far as I am concerned case closed. not to mention Anika seemed too chicken to play VGA so she got something to hide, such as afraid someone figure out her Cheating trick or something, so in my books you cannot trust her as a legitimate player.

2nd name to get pin locations and practice , wow there must be massive prize money I am not aware of. :lol:

As for Annika I don't recall her playing that much pro stuff but she was the best elite player I played against. Used to play plenty of funners against her and seemed pretty legit then. Beat her on occasion too I think but not often.
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue May 05, 2020 2:14 pm

MasterMontgomery wrote:It would be nice to see the three of you competing against
one another. Seems to be some hold backs in that happening,

Doug :D

Sounds like fun Doug. Can I name the course so that it's not one George knows inside out and backwards and with a book full of notes. I also think there should be windy rounds and not any no wind rounds. Perhaps also when the course is announced there is only an 8 hour window to play all 4 rounds so nobody can get 6 days mapping and practice in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby AJMatthews on Tue May 05, 2020 2:24 pm

Can I play? I've always enjoyed beating Lacers.

--AJ
AJMatthews

Postby MasterMontgomery on Tue May 05, 2020 2:32 pm

Sounds like it would be entertaining. Maybe one tourney with wind and
another with all no wind. But correct me if im wrong ,Elwood never posts
that i know of. So it might be hard to get the three of you in it .
Hope to see it. :) Could include Mort an AJ(@100%) Am i forgetting
anyone ? Oh yes Carlita and DrunkBob. but they have not been fairing that well
lately.

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby LACERS on Wed May 06, 2020 6:06 am

Well, I have a little issue about timing when to play. I have to be on narcotic Pain Meds Oxycodone and Lyrica due to injury that needs surgery, which messes up my snap timing and blurs my close up vision.

So I do not like to play when it counts unless I am feeling I will play at my highest level. Microsoft begged me to play VGA in 2002 and because I had a terrible time the year before in VGA on a foreign computer, I was not going to show up even after qualifying first because I knew playing on those Monitors at 60hz refresh rate and I being used to playing at 120hz, that I never be able to play as good as I do at home...Speaking of monitors and refresh rate, got one on order at Amazon that does 165hz and larger than my current monitor that is 7 years old, so that should make it a lot easier for me to hit snap!

Roy seems to think Course means everything to me, but it is only a tool I tend to broadcast which I guess some players let get to their heads. If you notice most of my tourneys I make have S/F greens so Roy and others seem to think that is my best greens conditions, but It is not my best, it is my worst conditions. And he thinks BigHorn is my favorite course, but I have all kinds of problems at Bighorn because most 2nd shots are uphill and that promotes backspin, combine that with S/F greens I start pulling hair out when ball backspins 30 feet!
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
LACERS

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed May 06, 2020 10:59 am

LACERS wrote:Well, I have a little issue about timing when to play. I have to be on narcotic Pain Meds Oxycodone and Lyrica due to injury that needs surgery, which messes up my snap timing and blurs my close up vision.

So I do not like to play when it counts unless I am feeling I will play at my highest level. Microsoft begged me to play VGA in 2002 and because I had a terrible time the year before in VGA on a foreign computer, I was not going to show up even after qualifying first because I knew playing on those Monitors at 60hz refresh rate and I being used to playing at 120hz, that I never be able to play as good as I do at home...Speaking of monitors and refresh rate, got one on order at Amazon that does 165hz and larger than my current monitor that is 7 years old, so that should make it a lot easier for me to hit snap!

Roy seems to think Course means everything to me, but it is only a tool I tend to broadcast which I guess some players let get to their heads. If you notice most of my tourneys I make have S/F greens so Roy and others seem to think that is my best greens conditions, but It is not my best, it is my worst conditions. And he thinks BigHorn is my favorite course, but I have all kinds of problems at Bighorn because most 2nd shots are uphill and that promotes backspin, combine that with S/F greens I start pulling hair out when ball backspins 30 feet!

Not sure about refresh rates George but as long as your swing meter is the same speed as others and not slowed down no problem at all. You say THE course George but I don't think for a minute you only have one course fully mapped , I expect you have loads of them with all the time and effort you have put in over many years, and more power to you for doing that with all that's involved. On any older course that fits that bill I wouldnt expect to have much of a chance unless I got very lucky. Hence why I would prefer to play one none of us know and in a timescale that doesn't allow for plenty of practice and mapping.

But anyway it aint going to happen and we can play events against each other for fun on the Links Tour as there are plenty of events to go at. See you out there.
RoyHiggi

Postby MasterMontgomery on Thu May 07, 2020 7:51 pm

I think Ragnar needs to be
In that tourney.

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri May 08, 2020 1:30 am

MasterMontgomery wrote:I think Ragnar needs to be
In that tourney.

Doug

Indeed he should....whoever he is? He can take my place the way I am playing at the moment :oops:
RoyHiggi

Postby LACERS on Fri May 08, 2020 4:23 am

Just totally unreal how Roy can let some Course thing get to his head. I have NO COURSE NOTES at all! What I have is in my Head. Some people just have a natural 160 IQ level and can remember every pedo they ever do! Roy is so Chingaoed about course mapping that he simply overlooks courses or holes I openly have told everyone I do not like, and last week I was mentioning a couple courses and I bet he overlooked that being so concerned about course mapping. Its obvious I can exaggerate or BS on things and it obviously gets to Roy. All the tools I need are in front of me on the screen, just as it is for everyone else when I am about to hit a shot.

And I said over and over, I was a beta tester, along with 150 other Links players for Microsoft, A patch came out to speed meter up 2/10ths of a second from first click to last click after many people complained it was too slow. Well it didnt speed mine up any as well as 20+ other beta testers who said same thing as me to Microsoft and in VGA i showed David Cass in PERSON a VIDEO of my Meter and he said that was ok to use because that patch had a slow meter detection in it and it would cause a shot not to register if it detected meter that was too slow according to Microsoft. A very popular graphics chipset, ATI Rage 128 with 16MB or 32 Mb memory produced the slower meter which some other Links players were using as well and since Microsoft said it was legal to use, I was not about to let my competition use it and I play at a disadvantage, plus word was out that anyone can buy a refurbished ATI Rage 128 Chipset video card for $20 on newegg.com and you will have a slower meter and advantage. A whole different Crowd played Links on Cases Ladder than here and that is where I played most of the time, on Cases Ladder. And the important thing to remember is that is the Video Card I was playing Links 99 and 2000 with was the same ATI Rage 128 with built in TV Tuner to watch TV or make videos on computer. I didnt go out and buy the video card after knowing about the slow meter, I already had it in before Links 2001 even made it out to the shelves. It did not slow the Links 99 and 2000 meters so why only the meter for 2001 and 2003? I'd say microsoft screwed up plenty there. The ATI Rage 128 16mb video cards would only do 24 FPS in Links using Windows XP, and 27 FPS using Windows ME. I've had Links players come to my house to watch me play, from Oklahoma to California, and not one bad word came out of those mouths about me...
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
LACERS

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri May 08, 2020 12:57 pm

LACERS wrote:Just totally unreal how Roy can let some Course thing get to his head. I have NO COURSE NOTES at all! What I have is in my Head. Some people just have a natural 160 IQ level and can remember every pedo they ever do! Roy is so Chingaoed about course mapping that he simply overlooks courses or holes I openly have told everyone I do not like, and last week I was mentioning a couple courses and I bet he overlooked that being so concerned about course mapping. Its obvious I can exaggerate or BS on things and it obviously gets to Roy. All the tools I need are in front of me on the screen, just as it is for everyone else when I am about to hit a shot.

And I said over and over, I was a beta tester, along with 150 other Links players for Microsoft, A patch came out to speed meter up 2/10ths of a second from first click to last click after many people complained it was too slow. Well it didnt speed mine up any as well as 20+ other beta testers who said same thing as me to Microsoft and in VGA i showed David Cass in PERSON a VIDEO of my Meter and he said that was ok to use because that patch had a slow meter detection in it and it would cause a shot not to register if it detected meter that was too slow according to Microsoft. A very popular graphics chipset, ATI Rage 128 with 16MB or 32 Mb memory produced the slower meter which some other Links players were using as well and since Microsoft said it was legal to use, I was not about to let my competition use it and I play at a disadvantage, plus word was out that anyone can buy a refurbished ATI Rage 128 Chipset video card for $20 on newegg.com and you will have a slower meter and advantage. A whole different Crowd played Links on Cases Ladder than here and that is where I played most of the time, on Cases Ladder. And the important thing to remember is that is the Video Card I was playing Links 99 and 2000 with was the same ATI Rage 128 with built in TV Tuner to watch TV or make videos on computer. I didnt go out and buy the video card after knowing about the slow meter, I already had it in before Links 2001 even made it out to the shelves. It did not slow the Links 99 and 2000 meters so why only the meter for 2001 and 2003? I'd say microsoft screwed up plenty there. The ATI Rage 128 16mb video cards would only do 24 FPS in Links using Windows XP, and 27 FPS using Windows ME. I've had Links players come to my house to watch me play, from Oklahoma to California, and not one bad word came out of those mouths about me...

You are totally in my head George. I must be "Chingaoed " whatever the h ell that means. I must apologise that I believed you in another thread when you said " with all the flat course notes I have for Bighorn".

Yet now you said "I have NO COURSE NOTES at all! " And that actually conforms with what I seem to remember you saying back in the day on plenty of courses. It's more of a compliment to you that you have put in the time and effort to get to know courses as you have done.

As for the main body of you message. What on earth is that all about!!!!!! There is a phrase that maybe fits. "Methinks thou dost protest too much"

And how come you aren't playing any events , even your own?
RoyHiggi

Postby LACERS on Sat May 09, 2020 4:39 am

Thanks. I played Ladder exclusively 98-2003, like 4-5 matches a day so I got to see other players hit shots and what kind of lie they leave themselves and its not to hard to remember wait a minute, that 7 wood or 4 iron he hit off the tee on #2 bighorn actually gives you a flat lie, instead of a steep uphill lie. Actually bighorn has mostly steep lies.

The TRICK I use is I scan the fairways using the aiming stick and then I watch the gauge on the left side of the screen how much it varies in readings, so I can get an idea where the flatter areas of the fairway are. Sort of same thing I do scanning the greens to make any shot adjustments on aim or slope adjustments. I bet Elwood does same thing because I noticed he Holes out in No Wind, at Pelican he had 3 hole outs in one round...

And who changed the wind meter for WINDY? the wind meter is totally different now than before...Not sure if I want to waste my time, it was easiest just to double my breezy setup for windy, like i had done for all past links versions, but now it is more like 3.5X, and for that, would need calculator for every shot...

After seeing I am going to have to change everything just to compete in Windy, it is not worth my time and effort to play the game when I am expected to play at the level I was before. I worked all year on snap and I am pretty good now where its not a factor. And now I will have to develop an all new Windy setup? That would take many months to do and Id rather do other things...I think a lot more would be playing this game if Windy was not changed...Even my club/wind distances were done a certain way factoring in less severe Windy conditions at the time the game was made so now I would have to redo all my club distances and convert them from distance including Roll to Distance with Carry, add roll later, and that would take many months to do. I had a less than ideal club and wind setup but it was tweaked to be good enough to work in the conditions the game has when it came out but now it wont work, needs total reconstruction because Windy went from 2X breezy to 3.5X. Again not worth my time unless there are at least 5,000 people playing the game or more prestige to the game...So change to Windy just screwed all my setups and like I said game is not worth it to change my game, and it would be confusing as heck if I tried playing having to do 2 separate mathmatical calculations for shot setup, one for carry distance and the other for distance with roll. They should of made that change to Windy only in that Challenging play mode.

I had a basic wind/club calculator XLS program I made public and that Windy change would of course make that program obsolete where many players probably just quit playing the game. Thats why I said the game lost many players by change to Windy.
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
LACERS

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat May 09, 2020 7:45 am

Just get out there and play George.

Months to sort out windy!! Just play it like the rest of us and take what you get. If you have sorted out the snap it shouldn't be too bad. But it's funny you mention the windy change as when I mentioned it I don't think anyone agreed there had been a change or certainly nothing significant.

I just wish I could sort out the snap part. At the moment it's left right left right snap :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby LACERS on Sat May 09, 2020 8:34 am

I wished you lived closer Roy because I would give you my monitor and have you set it in Windows to 144Hz refresh in your Links resolution and you will see a remarkable improvement in snap consistency. If you are playing at 60 or 75 Hz refresh rate, then dang, you are the best Links Player ever! Playing at 144hz will knock out all your late snapping. Just google Gaming and Monitor Refresh Rates. They will all say playing any game at 144hz will improve your reaction timing verses 60 or 75hz. Most monitors are 60 or 75, but a gaming Monitor is much higher, some I seen go to 200Hz, but I think 144hz seems good enough, meter is silky smooth at 144 hz. The 165hz 25" monitor I just bought on Amazon.com only cost $180. I've seen 144hz 24" monitors for $140 new.
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
LACERS

Next

Return to Talk About It