Myrtle Beach

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Myrtle Beach

Postby PurpleEagle on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:15 pm

Hey guys....my son and I are going to Myrtle Beach for a week. I am sure a lot of you have played there and I would like some input from you on favorite courses there. We would like to play moderate priced courses but we would also like to splurge one day on a seaside course. We are not awesome golfers ( high 80s to mid 90s ) so don't suggest anything with 400 bunkers....lol. I really appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks.
PurpleEagle

Postby Armand on Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:30 pm

I visited Myrtle Beach back in November 1997 and enjoyed Tidewater the best of the courses I played. Some of the other courses I played:
Wild Wing Plantation - 2 courses, forget their names at the moment
Myrtle Beach National
Wicked Stick

I was going to play Arrowhead, but they had just top-dressed the greens, and I opted not to spend the $$$ to play "sand greens". It looked very nice, though!

I can't recall the prices, but I think Arrowhead and Tidewater were more than average for cost. Someone else will, no doubt, have more current and better information.

Armand
Armand

Postby Frankoh on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:27 am

was there twice .. never played 1 I dind't enjoy .. but then i'm eazee to please ... Myrtle Beach National .. the north course .. there's 3 there but only played the north, Quail Creek, Waterways Hills to name a few .. can't remember the others ... gl & have fun
No matter where you go .... there you are :)
Frankoh

Postby GDI_Coyote on Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:32 am

Before i moved west,i was a regular at a lot of those courses.I lived one hr from Mrytle Beach.Wild Wing Avocet was really a nice one 15 years ago :) But,I'd look for the slope rating and yardage if you want to score well on an easier course.So far as the sand goes....all ya gotta do is hit the same club you would from the fwy...unless it's buried of course. :twisted:

Regards,

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby Brosen on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:54 pm

I don't recall the prices, but Tidewater is the best. Also recommend World Tour, Grand Dunes, Dunes Club, Tigers Eye, Caledonia, Tru Blue and Pawleys Plantation. I may be posting the highest priced ones, but they are the best!
Brosen

Postby Gunners on Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:31 pm

One that I've played a couple of times and erally enjoyed is Glen Dornoch. Actually N. Myrtle almost into NC...but very nice. Also, the old Air Force base course (used to be whisperring Pines I think) was a nice treat.
Gunners

Postby bmlcapecod on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:45 pm

I havent been in several years, but longbay, heather glen in north myrtle. could also check the witch and legends(3 courses) in mytrle beach itself.
bmlcapecod

Return to Talk About It