Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:22 am

Feels like an aaaargh day.Don't they all at the moment , but Links can just add to it.2 rounds today and a much improved snap rate off the T of maybe 75 to 80% but then on approaches it's the other way around at 20 to 25%. One early one late. Early lunch is called for :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:06 am

Wondering now if Louisiana is one of the courses which crashes if you use the GA? Happened on the pro challenging and non challenging events in round 2 now. Probably not as I got to round 2 each time but still very annoying.

More likely I am still on Windows 7 :oops:
RoyHiggi

Postby Mississippi on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:51 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:Wondering now if Louisiana is one of the courses which crashes if you use the GA? Happened on the pro challenging and non challenging events in round 2 now. Probably not as I got to round 2 each time but still very annoying.

Roy...since i'm still on windows 7 and can't remember the last time links crashed I have a challenge for you.

Play 2 weeks with sound set like the image in this post. The swap channel tick don't matter and yes you still hear the club hit the ball, and the ball hitting anything you aimed at.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11605&p=90645&hilit=sound+options#p90645
Play offline like Rick's 1st image shows
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11760&p=91667&hilit=offline+play#p91667

and leave the green analyzer alone

Then come back and tell us how many crashes occured.
Mississippi

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:30 am

Mississippi wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:Wondering now if Louisiana is one of the courses which crashes if you use the GA? Happened on the pro challenging and non challenging events in round 2 now. Probably not as I got to round 2 each time but still very annoying.

Roy...since i'm still on windows 7 and can't remember the last time links crashed I have a challenge for you.

Play 2 weeks with sound set like the image in this post. The swap channel tick don't matter and yes you still hear the club hit the ball, and the ball hitting anything you aimed at.

and leave the green analyzer alone.

Just saw this message (thanks) then had to go out for a short while. Got back and the pc had frozen :roll: :roll:

Anyway I have made the tweaks as mentioned and will go and have a few holes to see if there is any noticeable difference to affect the play. And there isnt really anyway I won't use the GA :D It's hard enough playing elite without being able to use the overhead but to not be able to have a look at the green for approach shots makes it much harder.

RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:34 am

RoyHiggi wrote:
Mississippi wrote:

and leave the green analyzer alone.

Just saw this message (thanks) then had to go out for a short while. Got back and the pc had frozen :roll: :roll:

Anyway I have made the tweaks as mentioned and will go and have a few holes to see if there is any noticeable difference to affect the play. And there isnt really anyway I won't use the GA :D It's hard enough playing elite without being able to use the overhead but to not be able to have a look at the green for approach shots makes it much harder.
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:37 am

One hole later and I switched back to feet and inches and not the Windows setting :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:23 am

Seems the GA at Louisiana isn't the problem as I just played 3 rounds there , using the GA , and not a problem. The closer I got to the end of the last round the more nervous i got :lol: Must just my pc telling me its getting old.
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:59 pm

I feel like a small aaaargh after 4 rounds at Quail Hollow today :lol: :lol: It's a course I just cant seem to play well at
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:44 am

Not had problems for a while but first hole, first round at Latrobe and Links stops working! Guess it just happens sometimes
RoyHiggi

Postby MasterMontgomery on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:21 pm

Roy you had a -20 and a -19. Not a bad start. :)

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:32 pm

MasterMontgomery wrote:Roy you had a -20 and a -19. Not a bad start. :)

Doug

I know but just a bit weird that I had the freeze after 3 shots on the first hole at Latrobe.. I wondered if it was using the GA thats caused it but it can't be as I used it all the time when i started the round again.
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:30 am

OK this is just weird. Went back to Latrobe to play the challenging pro event. Had a tap in for birdie on the first hole and.... Links stopped working just the same as it did for the non challenging event. Spooky :twisted:
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:32 am

another aaargh moment. Playing just about ok although missing the snap plenty and on key shots but going into round 4 needing a big one. Started well and fluked an alby early and then on the next hole it just froze. Cest la vie. Just never know when its likely to happen or why.
RoyHiggi

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:34 am

roy.jpg
roy.jpg (27.96 KB) Viewed 2467 times

Heck Roy, if that only happens once every 2 years, that's not too bad. :lol:
rwoodworkr

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:03 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:
roy.jpg

Heck Roy, if that only happens once every 2 years, that's not too bad. :lol:

If Only :lol: :lol: :lol: Happening maybe twice a week nowadays but not that often it really annoys me. I think my poor pc is feeling it's age now :( Will have to move from windows 7 too I guess
RoyHiggi

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It