Sawgrass

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Sawgrass

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Mississippi wrote:
Those type numbers indicate installation problems to me.

well, i have 3 TPC courses installed - including the one that i downloaded from the given WWW Link on the Current Events tab ..... TPC at Sawgrass Stadium Course 2007. I deleted the other 2 about 15 minutes ago and KEPT the TPC at Sawgrass Stadium Course 2007. I went to Practice tab and teed off ! installed correctly ! THEN i went online to the LSPN Tour and went to play round 2 on the Current Events 'given course' >>>>>> TPC at Sawgrass Stadium Course 2007, and nup got the error message "No Compatible Course Found etc......." So the given WWW Link to download the sawgrass course for play this week is WRONG !

SO ! the other 2 "TPC Sawgrass courses" that i had deleted off my HDD a few minutes ago, ONE of those (or maybe BOTH ?) allowed me to play round 1 of THAT LSPN weekly event "The Player's Championship" yesterday !

hahahahahaha ................i'm gonna lose sleep over this LOL :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Blade wrote:Time to move on Chaps :wink:

NUP ! i'm like a dog with a bone with this LOL :wink:
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby Mississippi on Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:13 pm

TPC.png
TPC.png (55.54 KB) Viewed 5982 times

As long as that ( 2007) version of Sawgrass shows up when you view your course manager inside the game as illustrated above as the late great cajun cook Justin Wilson would say....."I Garontee" you can play in the plsa.
Mississippi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:48 am

Mississippi wrote:As long as that ( 2007) version of Sawgrass shows up when you view your course manager inside the game as illustrated above as the late great cajun cook Justin Wilson would say....."I Garontee" you can play in the plsa.

nup ! not in my case !

here are the INSTALLED courses in my Course Manager!
the one shown as TPC at Sawgrass Stadium Course (2007) is from the WWW Link to download, given in the Current Events, and upon downloading was Zip File #1769 - file name inside the ZIP file is "sawgrassnew1.crz"
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (205 KB) Viewed 5968 times

i can go into PRACTICE mode with TPC at Sawgrass Stadium Course (2007) - no problems !
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (67.93 KB) Viewed 5946 times

BUT - when i THEN go ONLINE to The Links Tour and choose to tee off in The Players Championship, i get the error message LOL "Course Not Found"
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (55.34 KB) Viewed 5947 times

BUT i have INDEED noticed something very peculiar - NOTICE that in the course that i downloaded (from the given WWW Link in Current Events - The Player's Championship, Zip File #1769) , the NAME of that course is not consistent with the NAME of the REQUIRED course as shown ONLINE at The Links Tour !

the one i downloaded - the 2007 in the name is surrounded by BRACKETS ! whereas the course required ONLINE at The Links Tour to play in The Players Championship - that course is shown with the 2007 in the course's name, with NO BRACKETS !

the "Course Not Found" pop-up (in picture 3 above) does NOT list, as compatible courses, the course that i downloaded Zip File #1769 containing BRACKETS surrounding the "2007" - (2007)

HA ! this dog is letting that bone go now :lol: :lol:
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby KunkleMan on Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:27 am

Holy crap----isn't anyone allowed to make a mistake??? We should be thanking them for all the effort they put in to provide us recreation!
KunkleMan

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:10 pm

KunkleMan wrote:Holy crap----isn't anyone allowed to make a mistake??? We should be thanking them for all the effort they put in to provide us recreation!

i was just trying to help ........ :?
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby GoBucks on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:29 am

Mississippi wrote:
Lets get some facts straight.
#1) The Tournament in question is not a LSPN tour Tournament it is a World tour arcade tournament. There is a difference.

Fact: World Tour events are not "arcade' tournaments. They are the same format as the events on the main tour, with some exceptions. No gimmies, custom tees, custom pins, and difficult conditions. There is rarely a "no wind" round, and almost always a "gusty" round (both of which regular tour players voice their displeasure. Reference the PLSA events when goesforit began setting those up). Unlike arcade events, there are no mulligans. All events are handicap events so as to even the playing field.

I am in no way denigrating the regular tour. Every tour has it's place, and followers.

Somebody had to say it, Pete.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby pmgolf on Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Thank you, GoBucks.

Most people know this, but I'll repeat it anyway in case anyone doesn't. I see course name not matching being the suspected culprit, but the things that are the most reliable are the Course id and Course key. If the course is already in Links, you can find them in the Course Manager by selecting the course and then hitting the "View Course ID" button

The courses in the LSPN database have their course id and key displayed in this list:
http://www.lspn.net/course_list.php

Some courses at LinksCorner.org have the id and Key shown in the course description. For those that don't, download them, put them in the "/Courses/" folder inside your "/Links 2003/" main folder, and use the Links2003 Course Manager (as above) to find them.

Hope this helps.
Pete
pmgolf

Postby Mississippi on Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:33 pm

GoBucks wrote:
Mississippi wrote:
Lets get some facts straight.
#1) The Tournament in question is not a LSPN tour Tournament it is a World tour arcade tournament. There is a difference.

Fact: World Tour events are not "arcade' tournaments. They are the same format as the events on the main tour, with some exceptions. No gimmies, custom tees, custom pins, and difficult conditions. There is rarely a "no wind" round, and almost always a "gusty" round (both of which regular tour players voice their displeasure. Reference the PLSA events when goesforit began setting those up). Unlike arcade events, there are no mulligans. All events are handicap events so as to even the playing field.

I am in no way denigrating the regular tour. Every tour has it's place, and followers.

Somebody had to say it, Pete.

So if it is not a arcade tournament then what box would you have a new player put a tick in to be able to see those events on the current events page? You speak as if i was denigrating the World Tour by describing it the way this site does. You speak as if i was favoring one tour over another, when that is completely wrong.

The only reason the World Tour came into this thread was from Pete stating "The LSPN Link was pointing to the wrong version: the 2007 version. In the World Tour Forum, I posted a link to the correct file on my DropBox."

Now since the PLSA is using the 2007 version this week, that statement led me to believe BruMu was playing in one of Pete's tournaments that was using multiple versions as i've seen done before with Pebble and Augusta in other leagues. Since i used the link and was playing i knew it was good and the problem was on the user's end.

This thread has taught me one thing, its time to retire from this forum after offering this one last piece of advice...if you don't know where the last course you added is located in your course manager just hit the add all... it takes no additional time.

Its all yours Jack
Mississippi

Postby GoBucks on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:45 am

Mississippi wrote:
So if it is not a arcade tournament then what box would you have a new player put a tick in to be able to see those events on the current events page? You speak as if i was denigrating the World Tour by describing it the way this site does. You speak as if i was favoring one tour over another, when that is completely wrong.

You sure as hell won't find it by clicking the arcade box. You select the "My League" box. If you belong to other leagues, those events will show up there. That is how this site treats it. You described it the way you did because you didn't know any better and that's fine. I'm just pointing out the facts to you since you felt the need to respond with numbered "facts" that were non-factual in at least one case.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby pmgolf on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:56 am

Mississippi wrote: So if it is not a arcade tournament then what box would you have a new player put a tick in to be able to see those events on the current events page?

World Tour events are League events, not Arcade events. You would put a tick mark in the "My Leagues" checkbox in Current Events Options on the current events page.

Mississippi wrote:The only reason the World Tour came into this thread was from Pete stating "The LSPN Link was pointing to the wrong version: the 2007 version. In the World Tour Forum, I posted a link to the correct file on my DropBox."

In the World Tour Event: "Players Championship" (which was the only event being played at TPC Sawgrass 2008 that I could find), the course download took the player to the 2007 version of Sawgrass - I had to assume BruMu was talking about that one since he mentioned Sawgrass 2008 but didn't mention which Event he was talking about.

It's all settled now, I assume.
Pete
pmgolf

Postby Ben Jammin on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 pm

Peace, my brothers.... enough crazy stuff in this world to worry about. Happy St Paddy's day all !
Ben Jammin

Previous

Return to Talk About It