Coronavirus

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Coronavirus

Postby Harpo on Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:53 am

Mark, I hope none of our tournaments will be cancelled because of the virus. We all promise to wipe down our keyboards and mice. :wink:

On another note, where can I buy some toilet paper now?
Jim
Harpo

Re: Coronavirus

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:23 am

Yes, I'm staying at least 6 feet back from my monitor just to be safe.
rwoodworkr

Postby oilymoyle on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:55 pm

With all sporting events cancelled Links is all I have left to fight the other half's persuasions to watch 'dramas'. :roll:
oilymoyle

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Harpo wrote:Mark, I hope none of our tournaments will be cancelled because of the virus. We all promise to wipe down our keyboards and mice. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Drpinseeker on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:52 pm

Stay safe fellow linksters. With all the sports being canceled I’ve discovered another person in my house. She says she married me but I’m skeptical. She makes good meals so I guess I’ll let her stick around.
Be safe everyone
Drpinseeker
Drpinseeker

Postby KunkleMan on Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:02 am

Harpo wrote:Mark, I hope none of our tournaments will be cancelled because of the virus. We all promise to wipe down our keyboards and mice. :wink:

Subscribe to the local newspaper. :)
KunkleMan

Postby Colin_Rommel on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:58 am

It might be advisable for anyone here who sets up events not to include large crowds for a while.
Pobody's nerfect.
Colin_Rommel

Postby GOLFGEEK1 on Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:10 pm

:lol: :lol: It looks like the way I'm playing, I'm keeping both my ball and myself atleast 6 feet fom any hole :lol: :lol:

Be Safe Everyone!!!

RICK :lol:
"I'm Smiling because I have NO CLUE what's going on"
GOLFGEEK1

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:37 pm

Colin_Rommel wrote:It might be advisable for anyone here who sets up events not to include large crowds for a while.

yes indeed :lol: :lol:

heard yesterday that the real Masters next month has been CANCELLED ! no Tiger at the Masters....hard to take ! BUT a good move for health reasons by the Committee :)

here in Australia, the annual Royal Easter Show held in Sydney with masses of crowds has been CANCELLED and our most loved Anzac Day March held on April 25th for those who served has also been CANCELLED !

not good.....
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby Colin_Rommel on Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:32 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
Colin_Rommel wrote:It might be advisable for anyone here who sets up events not to include large crowds for a while.

heard yesterday that the real Masters next month has been CANCELLED ! no Tiger at the Masters....hard to take ! BUT a good move for health reasons by the Committee :)

here in Australia, the annual Royal Easter Show held in Sydney with masses of crowds has been CANCELLED and our most loved Anzac Day March held on April 25th for those who served has also been CANCELLED !

not good.....

Aye Jack, the whole world seems to have gone into pandemonium mode with stuff cancelled all over the place. Here in UK, the Premier League and Football League has been put on hold, as has the Six Nations Rugby and the London Marathon. The World Snooker Championship in which your own Aussie Neil Robertson is one of the favourites also looks doubtful...

Also the Olympic Games in Tokyo quite possibly...
Pobody's nerfect.
Colin_Rommel

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Colin_Rommel wrote:
JackRussellTerror wrote:

not good.....

Aye Jack, the whole world seems to have gone into pandemonium mode with stuff cancelled all over the place. Here in UK, the Premier League and Football League has been put on hold, as has the Six Nations Rugby and the London Marathon. The World Snooker Championship in which your own Aussie Neil Robertson is one of the favourites also looks doubtful...

Also the Olympic Games in Tokyo quite possibly...

yes i heard about your Premier League and London Marathon cancelled ! and yes there is talk about the Olympic Games TOO ! perhaps its all necessary for health reasons, until this virus is contained.

this weekend here is the opening of the National Rugby League footy season (NRL). At this stage, matches over the coming months will go ahead each weekend, BUT spectators have now been BANNED starting from next weekend round 2 !

wow life is now differant ! :?
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby KunkleMan on Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:36 am

Not surprised at all the sports venues cancelling. Too many predatory lawyers out there licking their lips to bring a lawsuit. As a society, we have let that get out of hand.
KunkleMan

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:24 am

KunkleMan wrote:Not surprised at all the sports venues cancelling. As a society, we have let that get out of hand.

It's utterly ridiculous what's going on. Stinkin media.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:54 am

Yes the UK is closing down on most things where there is a gathering of people. I play bridge regularly but my guess is I won't be for at least a month or so. The average age of players is high so I suppose it's a necessary reality.

Cricket season just around the corner and I have no idea how that will be hit for local clubs! So basically no sport to watch and loads of loony panic buying at the shops.

It certainly is an interesting time. Thinking of all our emergency services who just have to keep going and will be swamped over the coming months.
RoyHiggi

Return to Talk About It