Enjoy the win Roy! Next time WILL be different.

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Enjoy the win Roy! Next time WILL be different.

Postby LACERS on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:02 am

Good win, enjoy it because it not going to last long.

After a horrid snap in last round, I have now made a Keyboard change that would effect snap, plugged in a 25 year old keyboard from my old computer from 2002 and either snap response time improved by .08 seconds, or slowed meter by that much, so now I always snap or miss early, like I used to. Thought when I spent $60 on a mechanical gaming keyboard it would be as good in response time, but it lags by 2 meter stops late compared to my 25 year old keyboard. So I can play my old style, combo aim, in-between snap and miss snap 1 stop early. At the same time I no longer get that error message of scroll lock key pressed after I hit snap.
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU overclocked to 4.4 Ghz
Asus Tuf Gaming B450 m-atx motherboard
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
Asus VG249QGR 24" 144hz IPS monitor
PNY USB 3.1 256GB flash drive
Coolermaster Masterbox Lite 3 case
LACERS

Re: Enjoy the win Roy! Next time WILL be different.

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:08 am

LACERS wrote:Good win, enjoy it because it not going to last long.

After a horrid snap in last round, I have now made a Keyboard change that would effect snap, plugged in a 25 year old keyboard from my old computer from 2002 and either snap response time improved by .08 seconds, or slowed meter by that much, so now I always snap or miss early, like I used to. Thought when I spent $60 on a mechanical gaming keyboard it would be as good in response time, but it lags by 2 meter stops late compared to my 25 year old keyboard. So I can play my old style, combo aim, in-between snap and miss snap 1 stop early. At the same time I no longer get that error message of scroll lock key pressed after I hit snap.

Ah the memories :lol: .08 seconds!!!! How can anyone know that? And what on earth is a combo aim?

Sounds like you will still be playing a different game to me George. I just get used to the snap being early , late, spot on and never really knowing what might be next. With pro of course you can get away with a lot and some miss snaps will go exectly where you aimed them.

Feels right to play champ or elite where a poor shot ( miss snap) gets well punished. Do you think you might have a go away from pro?
RoyHiggi

Postby LACERS on Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:55 am

Combo Aim is like this: 150 yards out, flat lie, so most people would aim on the pin. The miss snap by 1 stop early penalty may go 10 feet left of pin in PRO for 150 yard shot. If 95% of my snaps are snap or 1 stop early, why not play to aim 1/2 the snap penalty to the right. So in this 150 yard shot I would aim 5 feet right of pin, so if my distance is spot on, then I would have just a 5 foot putt if I hit snap or 1 stop early, and I rather have a 5 foot putt 95% of the time, than some 10 footers and some gimmies! Plus most greens are sloped back to front which means that miss left or right of pin will equal a moderate breaking putt. If I offset the aim, most of the time the putt is going to have less break than if I missed snap 1 stop early.
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
LACERS

Postby GoBucks on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:28 am

LACERS wrote:Combo Aim is like this: 150 yards out, flat lie, so most people would aim on the pin. The miss snap by 1 stop early penalty may go 10 feet left of pin in PRO for 150 yard shot. If 95% of my snaps are snap or 1 stop early, why not play to aim 1/2 the snap penalty to the right. So in this 150 yard shot I would aim 5 feet right of pin, so if my distance is spot on, then I would have just a 5 foot putt if I hit snap or 1 stop early, and I rather have a 5 foot putt 95% of the time, than some 10 footers and some gimmies! Plus most greens are sloped back to front which means that miss left or right of pin will equal a moderate breaking putt. If I offset the aim, most of the time the putt is going to have less break than if I missed snap 1 stop early.

WOW! I got a brain-cramp just reading this. :lol: That's why you guys shoot the scores you do. Amazing stuff.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:27 am

GoBucks wrote:
LACERS wrote:Combo Aim is like this: 150 yards out, flat lie, so most people would aim on the pin. The miss snap by 1 stop early penalty may go 10 feet left of pin in PRO for 150 yard shot. If 95% of my snaps are snap or 1 stop early, why not play to aim 1/2 the snap penalty to the right. So in this 150 yard shot I would aim 5 feet right of pin, so if my distance is spot on, then I would have just a 5 foot putt if I hit snap or 1 stop early, and I rather have a 5 foot putt 95% of the time, than some 10 footers and some gimmies! Plus most greens are sloped back to front which means that miss left or right of pin will equal a moderate breaking putt. If I offset the aim, most of the time the putt is going to have less break than if I missed snap 1 stop early.

WOW! I got a brain-cramp just reading this. :lol: That's why you guys shoot the scores you do. Amazing stuff.

You are not alone. If I have a flat lie to a flattish green I aim straight and hope the miss , left or right , doesn't leave a tricky putt. Sadly my missnaps are not consistently early or late. :oops: If I aim a bit right I am quite likely to snap late and miss on the right even further.
RoyHiggi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:25 pm

welcome back Lacers !

ahhhhh yes, the good old mouse AUTOSNAP.EXE programmable to 1, 2 or 3 stops either way ! they were the days ..... :lol: :lol:

rumours we rife about it ......... :roll: Too bad the executable isn't around these days :(

:wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby LACERS on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:31 am

JackRussellTerror wrote:welcome back Lacers !

ahhhhh yes, the good old mouse AUTOSNAP.EXE programmable to 1, 2 or 3 stops either way ! they were the days ..... :lol: :lol:

rumours we rife about it ......... :roll: Too bad the executable isn't around these days :(

Thanks! Great to see you playing and Congrads on beating me!

I would think by now there would be programmable mouse or F12 key software to where it will auto-click again in a specified number of hundredths of seconds. All I know is the time from when the meter starts to snap is about 1.65 seconds.
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
LACERS

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:23 am

LACERS wrote:
JackRussellTerror wrote:welcome back Lacers !

Thanks! Great to see you playing and Congrads on beating me!

I would think by now there would be programmable mouse or F12 key software to where it will auto-click again in a specified number of hundredths of seconds. All I know is the time from when the meter starts to snap is about 1.65 seconds.

Do you really have a method of measuring that? And does it matter? It is what it is and you just get used to it!

The very idea of "auto click" is just bonkers. Might as well just play ammy
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:09 am

Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:07 am

hmmmm. very interesting I am sure but I think i will stay in my world :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:52 pm

LACERS wrote:
JackRussellTerror wrote: Thanks! Great to see you playing and Congrads on beating me!

thanks Lacers ! i've always said, if i ever beat Roy, i'd retire ! i'm still here :lol:

:D
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:54 pm

well knock me over with a feather duster ! and i always thought it was just a rumour of which we all made a joke of LOL !

WOW !
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:28 am

JackRussellTerror wrote:

well knock me over with a feather duster ! and i always thought it was just a rumour of which we all made a joke of LOL !

WOW !

same thoughts for me even if I didn't really understand what I read. I vaguely seem to remember something back in the day about Links being able to recognise such a thing and not allow it to happen but that doesnt sound as if it could be true either.
RoyHiggi

Postby LACERS on Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:17 am

I think autosnap worked with LS 99 and LS 2000, and yeah I think they did something for Links 2001 or 2003 to stop that autosnap program. I knew if someone was using it playing Ladder games, a full power click followed by perfect snap on tee shots would give it away. I theorize that with 2003, the swingmeter has 3 different speeds on the downswing to snap, so autosnap would be off a stop or two, not be consistant as with LS 2000 or LS 99.
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
LACERS

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:44 am

LACERS wrote:I think autosnap worked with LS 99 and LS 2000, and yeah I think they did something for Links 2001 or 2003 to stop that autosnap program. I knew if someone was using it playing Ladder games, a full power click followed by perfect snap on tee shots would give it away. I theorize that with 2003, the swingmeter has 3 different speeds on the downswing to snap, so autosnap would be off a stop or two, not be consistant as with LS 2000 or LS 99.

Good to hear. :D

That will be why the guy who played under the name Autosnap went full swing for every T shot I remember when we played funners on line.
RoyHiggi

Next

Return to Talk About It