Southern Hills no stats

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Southern Hills no stats

Postby Harpo on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:30 pm

Oh well. Sweated my way around Southern Hills only to get the dreaded can't submit stats error. Went back in and submitted and it said it didn't go thru. That's the first I've had that in a long time and almost always they do go thru and I just have to check the leaderboard. Not the case this time. :( Yes, I did play offline. I don't think Roy or Giller had to worry about my score anyway. A scrambling -6.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:14 pm

jim, players that enter but somehow get a failure to report stats message usually wind up on the board with a deQ, but in your case, it doesn't look like you even entered, because you don't show up on the board in the game or the home page. assuming we're talking about the champ level southern hills event, it's as if you never connected with the server in the first place. so maybe you're still in play for this one. at -6 you would be the current leader. offline is usually impregnable, but there have been some odd things happening around here lately. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Harpo on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:01 pm

Well Larry I tried to start again and see if I went to rd 2 but it gave me a dq. On my home page it gives Southern Hills in the "your playing" section and it has the dq thing-a-majig after it. Like I said, I can't even remember the last time my stats have not gotten submitted. I hope Mark is close to a conversion soon.

When I was in trying to play rd two it said there was 6 players entered but only 4 on the board. I think you were playing your rd then thou and it seems like it is always one off anyway.

Nice first rd. You must look for these courses with the deep rough just off the fairway. :wink: I thought these pins were the normal ones, wow. Fun and challenging.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:16 pm

jim, it is unfortunate that you lost a pretty good round at a tough venue, and then got deQ'd out of the event to boot. what is weird is that you are not showing up on any of the scoreboards.

i also hope that mark is getting ready to overwrite this site, because if offline play cannot be trusted to submit stats, we are in big trouble. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:40 pm

jim, i am not a big fan of deep rough courses at champ, but the recent invitational venues have featured this type of punishing setup, mostly because they are u.s. open style tracks. the next two weeks won't be much different, but there will be blessed relief in subsequent weeks afterward. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Harpo on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:41 pm

Jim
Harpo

hehe

Postby aarondsears on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:00 pm

good one Jim
Aaron
aarondsears

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:25 am

-4 after 11 with only one bogie on the card.....then the heeby geebies (sp?) set in, 3 or 4 boges and a double to finish at +1 :cry:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Frankoh on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:52 am

Had probs here too :( .. played 3 rds .. shows me cpte'n the tourney .. it skipped rd 2 .. lol .. the no wind rd ... sheesh .. the communication probs with this server ( & I suspect it's worse on a weekend but just guessing) are frustrating to say the least .. (@ least I didn't get DQ'd Jim .. hehe) -6 in the f/f rd too .. don't want to talk about the 1st 2rds tho.. how frustrating can this Champ level be ??? :? & how about the trees @ Southern .. no matter how skimpy the foilage LQQKs .. it's like hittin a brick wall ( that's brick wall ... not Tim Wall)
No matter where you go .... there you are :)
Frankoh

Postby KCJammer on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:14 pm

HawkWynd wrote: & how about the trees @ Southern .. no matter how skimpy the foilage LQQKs .. it's like hittin a brick wall ( that's brick wall ... not Tim Wall)

Yep, Southern Hills is a tough test. This was Ross Mackenzie's first effort and the problem with the treetops was noted in the LC review by Bill Bradley ...

"I should mention whilst talking about trees, some of them are solid right up to the top and over most of their width which can be pretty frustrating if you are expecting to just skim the topmost branches and end up bouncing back in the same direction you came."
KCJammer

Postby Frankoh on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:58 pm

Thx for the info KC .. perhaps I shuld do a little research b4 I T off ... like maybe play the course once b4 getting into a tourney :) .... come to think of it, that wouldn't help .. it took me 2 rounds to figure out I should avoid them .. hehe
No matter where you go .... there you are :)
Frankoh

Return to Talk About It