Cool site

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby terrell on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:55 am

second to squeak through. has mark consulted with crissy yet? she had some pretty good ideas.
terrell

Postby Bruce Bo on Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:19 am

terrell wrote:second to squeak through. has mark consulted with crissy yet? she had some pretty good ideas.

not sure... i'll definately follow up
thx
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby Crissy on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:09 am

I have know idea if mark has changed allot of the php code in the forum software, to suit the tournaments, programs and such he has implemented. And as Bruce has told me sometime ago we are behind an upgrade or two or we were anyway. phpBB is notorious for security holes and I have had this same spam problem my self from time to time when I have fallen behind on updates.

Now to update this site may not be as easy as one thinks as if one has changed any code or added any mods, the update could take allot of time as it would have to be done by hand ( you have to add the new code yourself, line by line ) And as mark has so many other things going he maybe just cant find the time.

Anyway if this is the case and the upgrade needs to be done by hand, I would gladly do it for him as I have done it many times before. Now it could be something else, as he would know better then I.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby lstouradmin on Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:02 am

these last few were from authors that had registered prior to the changes I made.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Return to Talk About It