Anyone heard of this? Tournament Play Bug

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Anyone heard of this? Tournament Play Bug

Postby Adelade on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Im new to LSPN and online play since a few week back, and the other day when I played a tournament I encountered this strange bug and was wondering if anyone have hear of this before and/or know any possible fix.

So I've had this gamebug ever since I came back to Links about 1.5 year ago, but it never really bothered me until now that I've started playing Online tournaments. Basically I set up a round to play, in the last screen before loading up the course you choose golfers and I select one single golfer, then load the course and once Im in the game there is another player controlled golfer in the game along with the one I had selected to play with, randomly added for no reason whatsoever. I usually mostly play Career Mode and the bug never happens there, but occasionally when testing out courses for the first time I do "New Round" mode and this is where the bug happens on average maybe once every 15-30 rounds. Normally its not a big deal as I just exit the game, restart and Load Saved Game LASTGAME and the "ghost" golfer is gone without trace. I've never encountered the bug in practice mode either.

So the other day it turned out this can happen in Online Tour play as well. It was a Q-School event to set up my handicap in a League and I had 2 golfers in the game. I tried to exit the game but it said I'd be disqualified if I did that, so I wrote a pm to my tour director reporting the issue, and said I was going to go ahead and play it out with both golfers just to see what happens and how the game and tour handles it. I also tried "Remove Golfer" within the game but it gave me an in-game popup saying I was unable to remove golfers in this game mode or something like that.

The round went as normally with 2 players, the only slightly strange thing was that occasionally the rendering message said "Next up is X player" when in fact it was the other one. I finished -2 with the golfer I had selected to play with and -3 with the randomly added one. The randomly added one was the first to tee off at hole 1 I believe and the top name on the scorecard (I saved screenshots of the scorecard pages and stats page if anyone want to see, but I cant see anything particularly interesting, everything looks normal.) It turned out the game and tour counted the -3 round by the randomly added golfer, and in the stat page on the website there is no trace whatsoever of any shots or stats by the golfer I had selected to play with. Its hard to say if it counted the best rounds of the 2, or if it was always gonna count the round of the randomly added golfer.

Kind of concerning either way, as this is definitely a potential cheat or exploit no matter how you spin it. I have no knowledge of any way to purposefully trigger the bug, and I have absolutely no desire to use the exploit to my advantage whatsoever, I play for fun and I care very little about winning or not or whatever. I think its safe to say it will eventually happen to me again unless I find a fix, and while it will probably make me pretty sad to miss out on getting to complete a tournament, I wonder if Id rather exit out and disqualify from a tournament than having to play with 2 golfers, it just wasnt enjoyable and felt really awkward. I dont think the "Pick up ball" option was available so I wouldnt be able to speed it up by essentially avoiding to play with one of the players either. Not that I think I'd wanna do that anyway, since Im pretty into statistics and dont like to have my in-game stat pages messed up for any of my main golfers. Its not always the same golfer thats added as the ghost golfer, but I believe it could possibly be the other golfer I've most recently used.

So has anyone heard of anything like this before and/or know what I could do to fix it or any ideas for any workaround or how to deal with it?

Re: Anyone heard of this? Tournament Play Bug

Postby Mississippi on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:24 pm

My head is spinning after that read, and i see things i don't quite understand. :shock:

I would move the file inside the game where your courses reside to another portion of your computer, and then move any saved shots your fond of from your documents portion of the game to the same safe haven as your courses, then delete the game completely from your hard drive. Sounds like you have ghosts in the machine :lol:
Then reinstall links and start over. Install all the patches, and make sure everything is working online, then copy and paste your courses back inside the game and your saved shots back in the my documents section. You will have to reinstall the courses via the course manager.
Online play doesn't allow one to leave and return during the round, but it does give you the real competition that career mode can't replicate.
That should cure your problems. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

One other thing....I noticed the signature....no grid and no BLI... really? Don't make much sense to me. Is it a green analyzer user no no or what?
Mississippi

Postby KunkleMan on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:02 am

"No Grid----No BLI"------No fun!
KunkleMan

Postby Adelade on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:56 am

Its because I wasnt aware the BLI existed back when I started playing without grid, and once I learned about the BLI I had already gotten used to playing without it and didnt feel like I needed or wanted it. I would use Green Analyzer but I never do, feels like it slows down the pace of the game too much to bring it up all the time.

As for fun, its fun for me : ) To each their own.

Return to Talk About It