Raw & Stableford Official Events

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Raw & Stableford Official Events

Postby Blade on Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 am

No wonder no one bothers playing in these events, I've played alone the last few weeks in Ammy.
Last Weeks Raw Event a Par 3 Course Zoe Elara Country Club.
& Guess what this weeks Stableford Event a Par 3 Course Zoe Elara Country Club.
I mean Really Par 3 Courses for official events & the same course 2 weeks Running.
I think Redskin sets up Raw so I'm assuming that he also does the Stableford, I'm certain you can do much better Jim ?

David
Blade

Re: Raw & Stableford Official Events

Postby albatros on Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:59 am

imho there hardly any people playing these events due to less population in the links community coupled with the fact that the people that do play the game reserve their time for tourneys of their choice,

i like that redskin picks course that are usually not frequented in the other formats. i realize that is just my opinion.

i did not mind the par three even though the design was simple the greens were certainly not flat by any means.

i rarely play ammy anymore but also seen that it is only two sometimes three of us in either raw or stableford which is a bit of a bummer but it could well be the changing of the times in this game as opposed of Redskins courses.

want to thank Redskin for putting these up every week and not trying to start something Blade just seeing it a little differently.

if I find some time i will try to jump in a few ammy's but you will almost always find me in the raw in pro every week 8)

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Postby Blade on Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:10 pm

albatros wrote:not trying to start something Blade just seeing it a little differently.

albatros

When was the last time you visited your optometrist ? I think you need new Spectacles.
Blade

Postby albatros on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:36 am

well all right then, you look at it your way and i will look at my way.

have a great day!

albatros

albatros

Postby Blade on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:41 am

So here we go again, Last Week's Raw was at Abbotsbury Golf Club - This Weeks Stbl is at Abbotsbury Golf Club, fair GO Jim, is this going to be the Pattern Every Week ?.
Blade

Postby JDocBurns on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:58 am

Blade wrote:No wonder no one bothers playing in these events, I've played alone the last few weeks in Ammy.
Last Weeks Raw Event a Par 3 Course Zoe Elara Country Club.
& Guess what this weeks Stableford Event a Par 3 Course Zoe Elara Country Club.
I mean Really Par 3 Courses for official events & the same course 2 weeks Running.
I think Redskin sets up Raw so I'm assuming that he also does the Stableford, I'm certain you can do much better Jim ?

David

I used to love playing the "no grid" tour but I don't have it my list to play. If it's available I will lay Pro.
Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns
http://www.broadjam.com/JimBurns
JDocBurns

Postby albatros on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:52 pm

hallo jdoc ...

on the home page you will find current events with event list options just to the right ...

under show events from there are three choices: official tour>>> arcade >>>> and my leagues.......

tick my leagues and click apply

hope to see you there soon

albatros

albatros

Postby Mississippi on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:57 pm

albatros... me thinks you forgot a step on this one mi amigo. :)
JDoc, click on the league tab on the top of the current events page and click the join tab on the LSPN RAW/Stableford league, then follow his instructions.
Mississippi

Postby albatros on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am

ah thank you very much, i went in and just un-ticked the "my leagues and it did not show and vice versa but had forgotten that i had joined the league many moons ago.

do as mississipi says and we will hopefully see you soon ;}

thanks again mississipi appreciate the correction.

Frank Bawn was a real regular and since he left it has been pretty slow in this tourney, but here of late it is great to see some people having the time and interest to participate.

albatros

albatros

Postby Mississippi on Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:44 pm

It appears we are going though the alphabet minus LS courses in the RAW/ Stableford tourneys which i don't mind. I do want to point out we are playing Links 2003 not Links 2001 and maybe we should be choosing the version of the course being played by Tresclub's list of Links 2003 courses pinned near the top of this forum. It appears to me the tour director is using Mark's automated version, which always lists 2k1 versions 1st.
This week is the 2nd time in a month i won't be playing even tho i have a perfectly functioning 2k3 version of the course being used. It would have been 3 but Bethpage black, like Augusta and Pebble beach is a course that i've kept multiple versions to play arcade events that use different versions for each round.
Mississippi

Return to Talk About It