MatchMaker

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

MatchMaker

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:24 pm

Wow . I didnt know whether to laugh or cry :D My lack of pc ability is reasonably well known and from time to time joked about. But hell I really know squat , so after my latest crash I thought I would go to Matchmaker to see whats going on.

Hmmm , I was seriously baffled. All sorts of things all over the place it seemed. Games launched , rooms open , ventrillo lists but nothing I could actually understand or join in with. I saw a chat box so typed something and asked if this was a communal room. After a short delay some body said no.

Well that was helpful but that was as far as I got. I must have been in someone's room but I don't know whose or how I got there and the person who answered me first time then quickly left for a match. Apparently its easier to arrange games via ventrillo!!There were 15 to 20 names listed under ventrillo. Does that mean they were all in one vent or was that the number of separate vent rooms going. Not a clue and if there was a way to join any it or any of them it was waaaay beyond me. ( I do have ventrillo already and use it quite a bit and I will not be changing rooms every day until I see apoint and that its easy lol)

I went to have a look at the games in play and coudlnt see a way to join with them if indeed there is one. Ah well I have no doubt there are instructions in all sorts of places but I think I will stick to playing a few rounds and wait till the tour restarts again.

That will happen won't it?????
RoyHiggi

Postby canuck on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:52 pm

i just took a look in matchmaker, your chat was still showing. so , yes you were in the communal/main room/lobby .
to join a game just click on the game room name. ...upper left area.
to host , theres a create game icon..upper left area.

for ventrillo, the DM team runs the server, but anyone can use it.
there are about 50 rooms there to meet , just go into anyone and introduce yourself :wink:

chris
canuck

Postby TIG__Ripper on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:03 pm

Douces
TIG__Ripper

Postby Hittman on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:08 pm

Haha....nice one Roy......I have had a few games out of the Matchmaker Room, but it seems to be the place where the reincarnation of the Links Zone has been established...

I have not had a poor experience either....just patience in waiting for a contact to respond...

gl and give it another chance
Rob
Hittman

Postby MGT_BlackBeard on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:24 pm

LOL Roy! I didn't know you were unfamiliar with that feature or I'd of helped you out. If you want to stay with Links, check in there often, as well as get on the DM Ventrillo! The DM vent is where all the most exciting games are being played as far as I know of. The teams are still playing strong, although they have dwindled extremely, they are still there!

Come in vent sometime, and join up with a team so you can get in on some great matches!
MGT_BlackBeard

Postby TIG__Ripper on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:00 pm

exciting? well i wouldnt go that far.
TIG__Ripper

Postby MGT_BlackBeard on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:27 pm

Well, maybe I went a little overboard there, but its fun!

Hip...Hip...Hooooooooray for Links!!!!!!!!!

Links lives on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MGT_BlackBeard

Return to Talk About It