Plsa & wind

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Plsa & wind

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:16 am

Blade wrote:
pmgolf wrote:
Blade wrote:There’s another thing Challenging Conditions, this mode of play was designed by the Boys at the now defunct APCD, for one Course and One Course only and that was for Augusta, so that speed conditions could be used to replicate the Annual Masters event, now even 2001 & Very Poor 2003 Courses are being used, courses never designed with Challenging Conditions in mind, In all honesty I would suggest there are very few suitable courses for challenging & yet people setting up events still persist in using challenging, IMO you reap what you sow.

You are certainly very welcome to your opinion. But I have a different opinion. My opinion is that if you practice enough, you can hone your skills to the point where you can play several hundred of the outstanding and highly rated Links courses using difficult challenging conditions along with wind and shoot scores in the 60's and even some scores in the 50's. The great thing about Links is that if you are unable to improve you skills that much, there is still fun to be had playing any other way you want - stoned, pie-faced or whatever. You don't like playing Links the way I like to play. I don't care! I don't like playing Links the way you like to play. Who cares?! Don't play Links setups that you don't like! Problem solved! Let other people have their fun!

Reap what you sow? Really? :? :lol:

Pete

I just knew you would come along sticking your Nose in, aren’t you busy enough running your World Tour without worrying about LSPN events, by the way, when was the last time you teed it up in the PLSA ? Or any other official Tour for that matter. I wish I could post what I really think about you but there’s no point having half a page of BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPS

Thank you David!
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:28 am

I'm not a huge fan of "windy", "firm", or "fast" conditions but I'm not going to complain about it. The way I see it is if you don't like "breezy or windy" rounds then don't play in that event. If you don't care for "firm and/or fast" then don't play in that event. If you don't like playing without the putting grid then don't play in that event. If you don't like "challenging" conditions in events then don't play in them. And, as has been mentioned before, don't complain to a administrator about his events, pin positions, and conditions. Just go start your own League and set up "your" events the way you want to.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby pmgolf on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Blade, Mississippi, Bassmaster... I must say that it makes me sad that we're no longer best buds, but I'm glad to see that we're all supportive of Doug and his right to set up PLSA events as he sees fit! :D

Pete
pmgolf

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:59 pm

pmgolf wrote:Blade, Mississippi, Bassmaster... I must say that it makes me sad that we're no longer best buds, but I'm glad to see that we're all supportive of Doug and his right to set up PLSA events as he sees fit! :D

Pete

I appreciate the support, but to be clear, Mark is still the PLSA and I'm his helper. He has the right to override anything I send him. I hope he doesn't, but I cannot complain if he does.
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Blah, blah, blah, you guys go make your own tour. Blah, blah, blah speed racer, bomb and lop, -50 under....

Come on, we are tired also of you telling us what you think we want.

Just throw in some non windy rounds and lets get on with playing golf. Just like we been doing for years. Really, don't make a big deal about the whole thing.

I'm done beating a dead horse.

Bye.
Jim
Harpo

Postby MasterMontgomery on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:54 am

To Doug Hurst, Steve Sullivan, Roy Higgi, pmgolf(pete) and Bassmaster(Rick)

I said I would get back with you guys so here goes. If this does not apply to you then
just ignore it.
I started this thread with a simple post that was both cordial and polite.
In the post i stated that THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT. I also closed the post
with a THANKS FOR THE HARD WORK AND TIME. In between i talked about
wind(breezy,gusty and windy) saying that i played well in it. But, that being
a slow player it took me awhile. So i asked if we could have some more no
wind rounds. To me a nice sweet little post.
Wow, what did i get in return? Such things as your a ungrateful whiner.
Why don't you start you own league if you don't like it Plus some comments on how to play the
game(ie let the wind die down) which i already stated that was what i do. An why you(Doug) were
doing things the way you are. An Roy in my talking about time did you not just recently
in this forum refer to not having enough time to play more events?

I would guess i i have played plsa for some 18 years. Wife bought it for me
way back when. I always thought David set the tournies up but really never knew
who did. Ive played in very tough conditions as all the other guys have.
So, do with it as you may.

Sorry for original post and the trouble it has caused. :(

Douglas
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:14 am

MasterMontgomery wrote:To Doug Hurst, Steve Sullivan, Roy Higgi, pmgolf(pete) and Bassmaster(Rick)

I said I would get back with you guys so here goes. If this does not apply to you then
just ignore it.
Why don't you start you own league if you don't like it Plus some comments on how to play the
game(ie let the wind die down) which i already stated that was what i do. An why you(Doug) were
doing things the way you are. An Roy in my talking about time did you not just recently

Douglas

Read my posts... you didn't get any rudeness from me. I tried only to explain what I was doing, why, and that the PLSA tries to be all things to all skill levels. I've written Mark and asked him to add one NO WIND round to any thing I've sent him that he's not already posted to LSPN (IF HE SO DESIRES). So, my guess is you will get your NO WIND round per tourney soon... but again, that's up to Mark. I will continue to submit BREEZY and occasionally a GUSTY.

Personally, I still feel there's no such thing as NO WIND, but that's just me. If you're patient, BREEZY will always fall to (see pic). I can't imagine that affecting much at all. But again, I've put it to Mark.
Attachments
Breezy.JPG
Breezy.JPG (14.5 KB) Viewed 9418 times
GoesForIt

Postby albatros on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:19 am

guess we will refer to this as a tempest in a teapot.

seems like most old timers here would like a no wind round here and there, by stating that we get a plethora of all the reasons we should not want that or we can go elsewhere.

not much more to add to all this much ado about nothing.

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps

p.s. guess i posted this at almost the same time and glad to see you asked to add a no wind to the tourneys.

i have said this before and will reiterate that i would like to thank you and the people that do put in the effort and time to set up these tourneys it is appreciated.
albatros

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:24 am

MasterMontgomery wrote:To Doug Hurst, Steve Sullivan, Roy Higgi, pmgolf(pete) and Bassmaster(Rick)

just ignore it.

I apologize if my comments came off as a direct hit to anybody. I merely stated my comments to the entire Links community.

Douglas
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:28 am

Bassmaster wrote:I'm not a huge fan of "windy", "firm", or "fast" conditions but I'm not going to complain about it. The way I see it is if you don't like "breezy or windy" rounds then don't play in that event. If you don't care for "firm and/or fast" then don't play in that event. If you don't like playing without the putting grid then don't play in that event. If you don't like "challenging" conditions in events then don't play in them. And, as has been mentioned before, don't complain to a administrator about his events, pin positions, and conditions. Just go start your own League and set up "your" events the way you want to.

My use of the word "you" meaning anybody in the Links community.

I apologize to anybody who thought I was directing my comment towards you personally. It wasn't meant to sound like it was.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:54 pm

just ignore it.

Douglas

Yes Doug I did mention not having enough time to play all the events I might fancy. Not really anything to do with "regular" rounds taking longer. I guess actuial windy ones might a bit but not breezy or gusty. Non regular rounds though do take longer but that's when I play elite on the world tour as it takes a long time to work out where to aim as there are plenty of courses where shots are blind.

I guess playing rounds other than no wind are what adds time to your rounds and that's the issue for you. But there are so many events that are mostly no wind aren't there? I play in them. As I said there are so many events to play as I say which is my issue playing challenging and non challenging from ammy through to elite. It's all fun.
RoyHiggi

Postby Drpinseeker on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:06 am

I asked for 2 no wind rounds in the amateur tournaments its simple enough, have a breezy and whatever windy gusty and then 2 without any wind. If you want challenging conditions then play pro and elite. Problem solved.
Drpinseeker

Postby KunkleMan on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:28 am

Come on, Man!!
KunkleMan

Postby Steve Sullivan on Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:01 am

just ignore it.

Douglas

Like Doug, I try to make the European Tour events I do as realistic and challenging as I can. Apologies if the term whiners was considered rude, but when you set up 100+ events a year, it does make you wonder at times why you bother :roll:
Steve Sullivan

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Looks like somebody hacked in.
GoesForIt

Previous

Return to Talk About It