LSPN Memberhip Dues No Longer Necessary

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

LSPN Memberhip Dues No Longer Necessary

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:03 am

Hi all,

Due to the lack of customer service that you deserve I've decided to no longer accept membership dues. The membership pages have been updated to reflect that. You still have to renew each year but it's just a click of a button. If anyone has joined or renewed in the last 60 days please feel free to PM me for a refund. If you would like to be a Tour Director please PM or email me at helpme@lspn.net.

The Free tour will be phased out after the current season and all Casual Players will be upgraded to Tour Player. If you would like to be upgraded right away, please PM or email me.

Mark
LSPN
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Re: LSPN Memberhip Dues No Longer Necessary

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm

Dang.
I hope this doesn't mean the imminent end of LSPN. I personally don't mind the yearly dues. To me, it's a small price to pay in relation to the pleasure I receive playing in the tournaments and conversing with like-minded people.
rwoodworkr

Postby GoBucks on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:39 pm

I agree 100% with Rick! The minimal amount that we pay to belong to this fraternity pales in comparison to the pleasure that is gained.

Dave
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby Blade on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:54 pm

Whilst I can understand where Mark is coming from in his post, I too would still prefer to pay an annual membership fee, running LSPN would not be a cheap exercise & I would conclude that the amount of current members (falling all the time, you only have to look at the amount of players teeing it up every week) that membership dues would not cover all costs as it stands, IMO Mark shouldn't be subsidising players for our enjoyment of Links.
Now that Mark has stated his intentions to the Links community I can't see him reversing his decision, but i wish he would.

Cheers
David
Blade

Postby Mississippi on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:06 pm

When i pm'd him with suggestions he asked for other then banning players who [censored] the system, i also told him i hopes he at least puts up a donate button.
Mississippi

Postby pmgolf on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Mississippi wrote:When i pm'd him with suggestions he asked for other then banning players who [censored] the system, i also told him i hopes he at least puts up a donate button.

I agree. A Donate Button would certainly be appropriate!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Blade on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:41 pm

Mississippi wrote:When i pm'd him with suggestions he asked for other then banning players who [censored] the system, i also told him i hopes he at least puts up a donate button.

Excellent Suggestion
Blade

Postby Bassmaster on Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:01 pm

A "DONATE" button would be awesome. I don't want to see Links go by the wayside either as it's a part of my life almost everyday. $10 for a year is nothing to ask for and I would gladly pay more for the enjoyment it gives me.

THANK YOU Mark and to the other Administrators for everything you do!
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby RonnieSmith on Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:45 am

Let me echo as well that donate button would not offend.

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Postby ds3224 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:54 am

He is doing a great job and the dues help to finance it all. I think the dues should continue; well worth it....
ds3224

Postby Ronsur on Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Wow, not good. I would gladly pay a dollar a week maybe two to support the game on line. PayPal could be set up to take one or two dollars per week. That's less than a cup of coffee. I suggest Mark take a look at whose playing and then determine a dollar amount he would need and put it to us. My Thoughts.
Ronsur

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Ronsur wrote:Wow, not good. I would gladly pay a dollar a week maybe two to support the game on line. PayPal could be set up to take one or two dollars per week. That's less than a cup of coffee. I suggest Mark take a look at whose playing and then determine a dollar amount he would need and put it to us. My Thoughts.

donate.jpg
donate.jpg (89.28 KB) Viewed 28491 times
rwoodworkr

Postby willythemac on Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:12 pm

I agree with all....Been playing Links online for many years and would certainly hate to see it go away. More than happy to make a yearly "donation" to keep the server/site up and running....Could be that Mark is experiencing a little burnout. If so maybe there is another fan out there with the time and expertise to take over....Wish I had it....
willythemac

Postby ds3224 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:56 am

I just gladly donated $10. and will do it again if needed....Good job he does for us.....
ds3224

Postby ds3224 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:03 pm

I DONATED $ 10. and it is well worth more to have this part of my life continue....RS
ds3224

Next

Return to Talk About It