Now thats sad

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Now thats sad

Postby GoBucks on Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:18 am

lstouradmin wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry I dropped the ball on this one. It's not for a lack of caring - life just got in the way. Aside from banning someone, please PM me some ideas that I can implement to prevent this from happening in the future.

Also, due to the lack of customer service that you deserve I've decided to no longer accept membership dues. The membership pages have been updated to reflect that. You still have to renew each year but it's just a click of a button.

If anyone has joined or renewed in the last 60 days please feel free to PM me for a refund.

Mark

Thanks for the response, Mark.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby Mississippi on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:41 pm

I don't want to see anyone banned so i suggested
1) contact via their contact e-mail to issue a cease and desist warning and make them reply before allowing entry.
2) set their handicap to -18 for the next 12 months
3) ban from handicap tourney
4) ban from cheating level(ammy) and force to shoot pro.
I would think #1 and at least one of the other 3 would be sufficient
Mississippi

Postby KunkleMan on Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:46 am

I fear that "much to do about nothing" has created the "beginning of the end" of our Tour. Nice going guys! :(
KunkleMan

Postby Mississippi on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:02 pm

KunkleMan wrote:I fear that "much to do about nothing" has created the "beginning of the end" of our Tour. Nice going guys! :(

Don't be scared homie, 1st off Your tour ain't worth diddly if gaming the system is "much ado about nothing" ( let me fix that for you) 2nd the creation of the "beginning of the end" started many many moons ago but will take many many more moons for it to be completed, since the game has this little thing in it called direct connection.
Maybe Mark just feels bad that he doesn't give the game the attention he used to and by making the site free, he is free of those feelings. In case you haven't noticed the site has been running on autopilot for years and with him changing up the plsa so we will be running a year round schedule more closely aligning with the pga and enlisting the assistance of GoesForIt to set pins for the next 15 months are things one wouldn't be doing if the doors were closing.

Now for the "Nice going guys" comment. Your Welcome....your tour will have a new winner in the handicap tourney for the 1st time in over 5 months and it will probably have many different winners the rest of the year and your tour will have 4 tourneys that are cheater free once again.

In closing i wonder why your views on cheating have changed so much since 2011
Mississippi

Postby lstouradmin on Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:41 pm

Mississippi wrote:
KunkleMan wrote:I fear that "much to do about nothing" has created the "beginning of the end" of our Tour. Nice going guys! :(

Don't be scared homie, 1st off Your tour ain't worth diddly if gaming the system is "much ado about nothing" ( let me fix that for you) 2nd the creation of the "beginning of the end" started many many moons ago but will take many many more moons for it to be completed, since the game has this little thing in it called direct connection.
Maybe Mark just feels bad that he doesn't give the game the attention he used to and by making the site free, he is free of those feelings. In case you haven't noticed the site has been running on autopilot for years and with him changing up the plsa so we will be running a year round schedule more closely aligning with the pga and enlisting the assistance of GoesForIt to set pins for the next 15 months are things one wouldn't be doing if the doors were closing.

Now for the "Nice going guys" comment. Your Welcome....your tour will have a new winner in the handicap tourney for the 1st time in over 5 months and it will probably have many different winners the rest of the year and your tour will have 4 tourneys that are cheater free once again.

In closing i wonder why your views on cheating have changed so much since 2011

The tour isn't going anywhere. It's just like Mississippi said - I feel bad charging for the site when I don't support it all that much. I may put up a donate badge but not right away. The issue in question has been taken care. I'll keep an eye out for future issues like this.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby lstouradmin on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:39 pm

also, if anyone has trouble submitting a round after this change please let me know.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:00 pm

thank you Mark.......... :D
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Fuzzy on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Thanks for all you have done Mark. I renewed last month and DO NOT want my money back. Am sure we will see much more of you in the future. Thanks again....
Fuzzy

Postby SammieDog on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:37 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Thanks for all you have done Mark. I renewed last month and DO NOT want my money back. Am sure we will see much more of you in the future. Thanks again....

Same here and many thanks

Robert
SammieDog

Postby dick_burt on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:24 pm

<<<The tour isn't going anywhere. It's just like Mississippi said - I feel bad charging for the site when I don't support it all that much. I may put up a donate badge but not right away. The issue in question has been taken care. I'll keep an eye out for future issues like this.

Mark>>>

Thank you for that reassurance..
D i c k Burt
dick_burt

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:45 pm

lstouradmin wrote:The tour isn't going anywhere. It's just like Mississippi said - I feel bad charging for the site when I don't support it all that much. I may put up a donate badge but not right away. The issue in question has been taken care. I'll keep an eye out for future issues like this.

Mark

Excellent.
And now for a plug: There is little chance of any cheating going on in the European and World tours, due to the top flight tour directors and their diligence in keeping the riff-raff and scofflaws at bay. Challenging and some mixed conditions. High quality setups and great competition. (Also, occasional special events thrown in.)
rwoodworkr

Postby Mississippi on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Time to put this thread to bed and hope it never awakens again.
It may take a day or three this week but JFS47's week will not have a good end. He already tanked his score's in the ammy division of the Safeway open shooting -4 for the 4 rounds in anticipation of making the handicap run. He will be shocked when he finds he can't enter the handicap tourney, unless he tries to play the flight tourney and finds he can't shoot there either.
Just punishment as JFS47 is relegated to shooting the only 2 tourneys per week that he has near ZERO chance of winning whether shooting ammy or pro.

I'm sure we can all imagine the look on his face the moment he realizes the jig is up. :)
Mississippi

Postby Blade on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:44 pm

Excellent Synopsis :wink: :lol:
Blade

Postby dick_burt on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:59 am

Are we done beating this dead horse? :x
D i c k Burt
dick_burt

Previous

Return to Talk About It