Ever Have One of THOSE Days?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Ever Have One of THOSE Days?

Postby Draggon on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:08 pm

I don't want to describe too much about this shot other than that it was hit from 98yd with a sand wedge just shy of 12 on the meter and dead on the 6. A perfect shot in all respects except the one that mattered...
Attachments
Ridiculous.SHT
(3.34 KB) Downloaded 593 times
Draggon

Re: Ever Have One of THOSE Days?

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:59 am

Feels like one today :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby TexAgs on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Where do i begin? I have a lot on my mind. :lol:

I started R3 of The National in Gusty, amateur. I have bad patience, I am hitting bad shots. I missed a 3 foot putt. On another hole I accidentally clicked somewhere off in a 45 degree angle from my target line (without knowing) and hit a drive that wound up further from the tee from where I started! The whole round was horrible!! I took a short break then came back for R4, No wind, determined to do better. Hole 1, doinked the pin to 3in gimme. H2, par 3, lipped out and barely missed the ace. I feel good, and I card a few more good holes. Then I accidentally clicked all the way down instead of all the way up and sailed the green by 40 yards - and directly behind a tree!!! UGH. Tried to chip around tree but hit tree, still off the green with near impossible 30Y chip for par from the rough with slope to deal with down to the pin. Hit the chip just right, it rolls down to pin, doink, but stays <1in. AGHHHHH, WHY DIDN"T IT GO IN!!!! Bogey!!!! A younger version of TexAgs pulls the plug at this point, but I continue. :lol:

The rest of the round is a blur. Not bad, some good shots, and a few that did not turn out so well. Whatever, I want to finish. I get to #18. Take dead aim. Take the club to the top, release, click the 6'clock bottom (even though I don't have to) and send the ball toward the target, perfectly executed. Too perfect. DOINK! it hits the pin and ricochets off into the lake (of course it does!) The drop is 107 yards away in rough on a slope. I carded a DOUBLE BOGEY!!

Yep, one of those days. F Golf! :lol:

I hope y'alls round this weekend all go great! < grumble... grumble....
TexAgs

Postby Draggon on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:04 pm

LoL - great story, TexAgs. I can relate in too many painful ways... :D
Draggon

Return to Talk About It