Once again, RIDICULOUS

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Once again, RIDICULOUS

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Round #2 HDCP @ Liberty South. Totally unrealistic pin positions. RIDICULOUS RIDICULOUS RIDICULOUS.

It's a GOLF SIMULATION, not MINIATURE GOLF. Halfway expect to see a windmill or bowling pins on the greens.

I realize it's your tournament, but how disappointing. Again, please consult with EURO and WRLD. They're savvy.
GoesForIt

Re: Once again, RIDICULOUS

Postby gibby on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:38 pm

All that time and effort that Larry Warrilow, GoBucks, Deccie, Michael Jensen, Modman1, myself and many others spent doing challenging setups all wasted according to you!
Are they all perfect? Probably not. But all tested out and mostly deemed fair. Are some difficult absolutely!
Keep in mind not every old original course is playable in challenging mode, not all had 18 pin positions per hole to choose from.
1 green out of 18 could [censored] up the whole setup based on what speed was chosen so alot of care was taken into consideration of which pin worked best.
But I'm sure it's never the position of the approach shot, club selection, swing meter, ball lie or the operator of the mouse.
Edit: seems like some pretty normal 2nd round scores have already been played 8)
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:53 am

rwoodworkr

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:11 am

Quite a while back it was suggested that when a bad pin was found, that the hole, the round, and tournament should be sent in to David or Mark, and they would take a look. I've actually done that a couple of times and gotten a positive response back.
I couldn't tell you though if the change was made since I'm not playing the main LSPN tours at this time.
rwoodworkr

Postby gibby on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:33 am

Perfect Rick :mrgreen: Can't forget sarge & Colin!
So many contributors to the challenging conditions.
And so many more sent to Mark directly.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:36 am

Rick makes a good point. I will try to look at the PLSA and CLSC into the future and recommend better/fairer pin positions.

Here is an example of recent participation in the CHAMP and Challenging conditions mode of PLSA and CLSC. There's a reason for it and IMO, and it's the pin positions. I know several people used to play PLSA and CLSC in years past (well, certainly 5-10) rather than the 0-2 that are playing now.

I think if you would just take care NOT to choose pin positions where the ball can be hit/putted past the hole and have it roll back off the green or to the players feet, and placing pins on an extreme ridge where hitting it even slightly past the pin causes it to roll down and off the green.

I think IRL, most pin positions say, "Hit it in this part of the green, you'll have a shot, but hit it in other parts of the green, you're going to have to settle for a 2-putt.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (153 KB) Viewed 3239 times
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It