1 e-mail address per ID in same house hold?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

1 e-mail address per ID in same house hold?

Postby NewGuy on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Can't have 2 Id with same e-mail address?
My grandpa was over and I gave him an ID but it won't go through.
Why?
NewGuy

Postby terrell on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:04 pm

give grandpa a hotmail account.
terrell

Postby NewGuy on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:08 pm

He's 87!!
You really want to confuse him LOL
NewGuy

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:50 pm

NG, the problem with multiple IDs at one address is that many unscrupulous players in the past have used this device to defraud the tour's scoring and ranking system. it's unfortunate, because legitimate individual family members sharing the same address who want to compete against each other on tour cannot do so in the same event. it's a security issue that has been invoked to protect tour scoring integrity. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Armand on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 pm

NewGuy wrote:He's 87!!
You really want to confuse him LOL

Other than one or two inital emails (and I can't even recall if there was anything there other than a confirmation of a username and password), I don't think there has been any other messages sent. I suppose if he participates in the forum and enables the "notify me via email when I receive a PM" there may be another, but that option really isn't necessary if he visits the forum semi-regularly (or not at all).

I would guess that creating a hotmail account would not confuse him (and maybe he's sharper than you give him credit!).

Armand
Armand

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:14 am

Personally I think the reasoning behind this is a myth! I do not believe the 2 players in one household rule has ever been miss used. But some negative person made a comment once upon a time and changes were made.
In fact if I understand it correctly it isn't about one user per household it's one user per pc. So the reason behind stopping that is an even bigger nonsense because IF a user wanted to play in a tournament with 2 separate id's it is easily achived by using 2 pc's and thus 2 different isp's. ( and anyone sad enough to think and behave like that is bound to have 2 pc's!)
RoyHiggi

Postby terrell on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:07 am

RoyHiggi wrote:Personally I think the reasoning behind this is a myth! I do not believe the 2 players in one household rule has ever been miss used. But some negative person made a comment once upon a time and changes were made.

i think you'd be surprised at how many peeps actually had multiple id's, expressly for the purpose of playing in a tournament multiple times. it doesn't happen so much anymore, but we used to see smith01, smith02, smith03...a lot. but most of it was simply people were unaware of the rule. but there are still plenty of people that like the do-over.

yes, i remember when a-word accused you and michael of being the same person. that was totally ridiculous, and i've always thought dc overreacted by making you guys play in separate skill levels. but as honest as you and michael were, there were tons more out there abusing the rule.

RoyHiggi wrote:In fact if I understand it correctly it isn't about one user per household it's one user per pc. So the reason behind stopping that is an even bigger nonsense because IF a user wanted to play in a tournament with 2 separate id's it is easily achived by using 2 pc's and thus 2 different isp's. ( and anyone sad enough to think and behave like that is bound to have 2 pc's!)

you are correct, there are several ways to get around the no multiple id rule. and the unscrupulous types are going to find a way around it. thus, messing up life for everyone else. welcome to life.
terrell

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:46 am

So you agree with me Terrell , it isn't miss used in a way that matters. Anyone who was that way inclined would do it anyway with 2 pc's. It's a rule that should be changed back.

Also have you ever played the same round twice. Would it really help significantly? I would suggest not.
RoyHiggi

Postby BAMTURF on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:20 pm

I remember when links microsoft had a real tourney in which a watch was given away , In that tourney you had to use your real name . There was no confusing of multiple id's /
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

Return to Talk About It