Has anyone ever done this...

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Has anyone ever done this...

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:20 am

... without really trying to? 18 holes, 18 pars

I've been playing Links going I think as far back as it goes and I've NEVER done it. I've played rounds without a birdie and of course shot over par. But never 18 holes 18 pars.
GoesForIt

Re: Has anyone ever done this...

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 am

No, but I've thought about that too.
But I will say this: if I shot 17 consecutive pars in competition, and had a chance at birdie or better on the 18th hole, I'm not sure what I would do. (I thought I was going to say, 'I'd take the birdie', but as I typed, I realized that I wasn't sure about that.)
rwoodworkr

Re: Has anyone ever done this...

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:10 am

rwoodworkr wrote:No, but I've thought about that too.
But I will say this: if I shot 17 consecutive pars in competition, and had a chance at birdie or better on the 18th hole, I'm not sure what I would do. (I thought I was going to say, 'I'd take the birdie', but as I typed, I realized that I wasn't sure about that.)

Well, the stipulation is you have to play your hardest... but I agree with you...

If there was anyway to put it out of your mind and not know it that would be key... but... there you are 17 pars and looking at say 7 ft with a mild left to right break. Now for me, a 7 ft left to right breaker is may Achilles heel. I probably would miss it trying my very hardest... and would have 12 ft right to left coming back and miss that for bogey. :D :D :D :D

I also would think it would be very, very hard to NOT know you were sitting on 17 pars... although I definitely HAVE finished a round and the stats show 18 GIR and 100% FIR and I've had no idea.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It