GOLF ISSUES NOT ADVERTISEMENTS

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

GOLF ISSUES NOT ADVERTISEMENTS

Postby PUTTERGREEN on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:10 pm

WHAT IS ALL THIS UNWANTED GARBAGE ON THE FORUM . MOVIES , MEDICAL THINGS AND ALL SORT OF JUNK . WHERE IS ALL THE ADMINSTRATORS TO CLEAN OR BLOCK THIS STUFF. THIS IS A GOLF FORUM PLAIN AND SIMPLE . GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO POST TRASH . IF IT DON'T PERTAIN TO GOLF , GO TO SOME OTHER MILLION WEB SITES TO POST THE UNWANTED FILT. :twisted:
BEAR GRRR
PUTTERGREEN

Postby KCJammer on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:23 pm

IS THAT YOU, BAMTURF?
KCJammer

Re: GOLF ISSUES NOT ADVERTISEMENTS

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:27 pm

PUTTERGREEN wrote:WHAT IS ALL THIS UNWANTED GARBAGE ON THE FORUM . MOVIES , MEDICAL THINGS AND ALL SORT OF JUNK . WHERE IS ALL THE ADMINSTRATORS TO CLEAN OR BLOCK THIS STUFF. THIS IS A GOLF FORUM PLAIN AND SIMPLE . GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO POST TRASH . IF IT DON'T PERTAIN TO GOLF , GO TO SOME OTHER MILLION WEB SITES TO POST THE UNWANTED FILT. :twisted:

easy big putter :)
the latest spam filters havent been put in place, Mark is waiting for v3 to update. as for YELLING at the people that post here, do you think they care? they are only looking for someone(s) to click on their supplied links! have you noticed they are 99.9% first time posters? why do you think that is? well its because their posts ARE being deleted, granted, not at the precise moment they are posted, but they are.. and when possible Mark is deleting their accounts.
on top of all that, i dont think 1/2 are REAL people, rather automated processes... so be cool, relax, and if it makes you feel better, join Terrell in PM'ing me when you see a new Spam added.
i can use the help spotting them~
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby PUTTERGREEN on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi KC My old Pc was in a fire so i am on this new one with this golfer . Nice to see you .

I will help in any way i can Bruce. I did not mean to yell . I was really venting . I know Mark and Dave are busy . I was looking out for the young golfers who might stumble on to some bad web sites . They are the furture of golf . I just want this to succeed and not be another forum that has junk in it . Keep it green !! Keep it clean !!
BEAR GRRR
PUTTERGREEN

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:09 am

I don't know much about spam filters ( except they dont seem to work at least not 100% of the time) but it is very surprising how many get on here and how long they stay on. One on medical billing one on movies being examples. Who is supposed to remove them?
RoyHiggi

Postby terrell on Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:48 am

RoyHiggi wrote:Who is supposed to remove them?

it's brucebo's responsibility to remove them. but i think he does a pretty good job of getting on them as soon as we let him know they're there. i know mark has told him to not delete them immediately, so he can look at them and decide howto filter them. and i know mark was waiting on an upgrade version of the spam filter, so that's exacerbated the situation a bit more. so it will get better. patience grasshoppers.

i know it's hard to imagine i don't read everything...but i don't, particularly the lobby stuff. and bruce will get an email if we'll pm him with the spam link. that seems to work extremely well. everyone can be part of the solution.
terrell

Postby canuck on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:42 am

Its Murrys responsibility to remove them . :twisted:

chris
canuck

Postby Freefaller on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:17 am

RoyHiggi wrote:surprising how long they stay on.

Don't forget that we sometimes keep the spam thread alive by commenting and joking about it long after Bruce has deleted the original spam post. So to the casual observer who doesn't actually look into the thread will think (wrongly) that the spam is still there.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby Bruce Bo on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:52 am

Freefaller wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:surprising how long they stay on.

Don't forget that we sometimes keep the spam thread alive by commenting and joking about it long after Bruce has deleted the original spam post. So to the casual observer who doesn't actually look into the thread will think (wrongly) that the spam is still there.

and i'd delete the whole thread if the replies weren't so dang entertaining and humorous!
there are some funny people in here :)

if someone wants me to delete an entire topic becuase of of the Subject, just PM me and i'll follow thru~
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Return to Talk About It