long time silent

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

long time silent

Postby gbanker on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:13 pm

:( can we talk? it seems like there is nobody out there (could be a good song?) I check the forum daily and nothing new...or different, other than a few kibizers although inteligent , witty guys, computer keeks....and all around good guys....What kind of people are still hanging on to the links game as we know it, or knew it. We, the links community, must be more than this? I for 1 would like to hear from the diversified group of people that play this game.
gbanker

Postby BAMTURF on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Hello I am still playing and being patient . New courses are being added . It gives me some thing to do ,other then play . now i download at least 5 courses a day . I have new course folders. I am sure some good news is forth coming . I am sure a New Season with points , flights and other surprises are near . Mark and Dave are working hard . I hope to converse with you when all is said and done and the New Era is started
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

gbanker, there is a lot going on, you have to look

Postby HeavySwinger on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:22 pm

Links is not a cohesive as it was before, there are a lot of other sites carrying on in addition to this one. There are also communities of linksters using Skype, Ventrillo, etc. to arrange and play games. I've been playing at apcd-courses using the MOD, having a blast. My prediction is when Mark gets this site past beta, linksters will slowly return and the community will become more cohesive again. :wink:
Larry
HeavySwinger

Talk

Postby MasterMontgomery on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:03 pm

gbanker glad to see you are in my tourney.
And Larry a big hello long time-hope
things are well.

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby gbanker on Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:59 pm

Hey guys,
Nice to hear from a few of you out there. I agree the addition of all these new courses is a plus. I have had many of them for long time but without use in tourneys they just didn't get played. The new era is something to look forward to, just hope enough players hang in or come back.
As far as other sites etc ...and using skype, ventrillo guess that is something I should try. Its the old dog, new tricks thing...TO Doug. good luck with our tourney, if it stays just you and I then it will be the first tourney I came in last (lol)

Talk again,
Gary
gbanker

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

gbanker wrote:Hey guys,
Nice to hear from a few of you out there. I agree the addition of all these new courses is a plus. I have had many of them for long time but without use in tourneys they just didn't get played. The new era is something to look forward to, just hope enough players hang in or come back.
As far as other sites etc ...and using skype, ventrillo guess that is something I should try. Its the old dog, new tricks thing...TO Doug. good luck with our tourney, if it stays just you and I then it will be the first tourney I came in last (lol)

Talk again,
Gary

Gary, If you like H2H matchplay then you'll love skype/ventrillo....Gone are the days of texting ns or g bird or buty 2 mins after your opponent hits the shot.....Being able to talk to each other while plying is the best.

Kinda like microwaves and cellphones.......try it once and you wonder how you lived without it till now.....Give it a shot and you won't go back
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

new tour

Postby jb_linkster on Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:57 am

Hi everyone... Ive been playing links since 1998 .. still playing 2k3 looking foward to the knew site that is coming soon... I just wanted to thank all involved for working hard so that we all can enjoy . ive been noticing all the p2p crzs . i would think one day we will all have to pay to play on the tour ... anyways just wanted to give a big shout out to all cyas soon :) [/b]
jb_linkster

Postby Stormie on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi I've been around for over 10 years and will probably play until the wife peels my cold dead hand from around my sweetheart mouse. I really don't mind waiting for a quality product so I'll hang on. I enjoy playing with you. 8)
just being paranoid doesn't prove people aren't watching every move you make
Stormie

Return to Talk About It