challenging golf series

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

challenging golf series

Postby Mississippi on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:16 am

A new weekly mod based pro event open to all swing types that will feature rounds that are extremely easy, mixed with rounds that may be difficult, mixed with rounds that are between the 2.
Some rounds will feature mulligans others won't, gimmies could be 4 ft or 6 inches.
The grid on the green and the caddie will stay at home at least 1 round each week.
Windy and Gusty conditions will not be used in season 1
All pin locations are set to easy (please forward any pin placement complaints to the appropriate course designer)
Weekly courses will follow the alphabet with week 1 being; Ammolite at old man river. Week 2 will start with a B etc:. (suggestions for future course selection welcomed)

Have fun everybody !

PS; sorry about the week 1 duplication (swing type mistake)
Mississippi

Re: challenging golf series

Postby Mississippi on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:58 am

Roy Higgi won the inaugural CGS event with a score of -82 holding off a hard charging Elwood (-80) who was the only duffer to score in the 50ies in the difficult 4th round. Mississippi and albatros tied for 3rd with a distant -62
Seven of eleven linksters managed to finish the tournament and between them they managed to accumulate 64 eagles as the Ammolite at Old Man River course seemed defenseless when high winds never materialized.
Other highlights included a Double Eagle scored by Elwood on the par 5 428yd. 4th hole of the opening round and aces by Redskin rd.1 123yd. par3 15th in the 1st round, and Roy Higgi on the 183 yd. par 3 3rd hole in round 2.
Mississippi provided some entertainment on the 11th hole in the 4th round, dropping 3 straight balls in the water going for the green from the tee box a' la Roy McAvoy en-route to a 9 on the 338 yd.par 4.
Bruce Wallace showed considerable intestinal fortitude finishing the tournament that featured green speeds he was quite unfamiliar with.
Thanks to all who played. This weeks event moves to Burnt Pine at Sandestin 2005.....Good luck to all !
Mississippi

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:17 pm

Mississippi wrote:Roy Higgi won the inaugural CGS event with a score of -82 holding off a hard charging Elwood (-80) who was the only duffer to score in the 50ies in the difficult 4th round. Mississippi and albatros tied for 3rd with a distant -62
Seven of eleven linksters managed to finish the tournament and between them they managed to accumulate 64 eagles as the Ammolite at Old Man River course seemed defenseless when high winds never materialized.
Other highlights included a Double Eagle scored by Elwood on the par 5 428yd. 4th hole of the opening round and aces by Redskin rd.1 123yd. par3 15th in the 1st round, and Roy Higgi on the 183 yd. par 3 3rd hole in round 2.
Mississippi provided some entertainment on the 11th hole in the 4th round, dropping 3 straight balls in the water going for the green from the tee box a' la Roy McAvoy en-route to a 9 on the 338 yd.par 4.
Bruce Wallace showed considerable intestinal fortitude finishing the tournament that featured green speeds he was quite unfamiliar with.
Thanks to all who played. This weeks event moves to Burnt Pine at Sandestin 2005.....Good luck to all !
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:19 pm

I will give it a shot tomorrow. I have been in the hospital the past few days. Golf is more fun.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:45 pm

BruceWallace wrote:...I have been in the hospital the past few days. Golf is more fun.

Sorry to hear, Bruce. I hope things are better now...and yes, golf is much more fun.
rwoodworkr

Postby MrChaucer on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:22 pm

Like Leisure Suit Larry, I seem to be looking for love in all the wrong places......where does on find the GHS tourney to play it?
Thanks.
MrChaucer

Postby Redskin on Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Sorry to hear you've been in the hospital Bruce -- I hope your feeling better soon.
Jim
Redskin

Postby Mississippi on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:29 pm

BruceWallace wrote:I will give it a shot tomorrow. I have been in the hospital the past few days. Golf is more fun.

Sorry to hear that Bruce, i hope the VA took good care of you while you were there, and i hope their beds were more comfortable than the ones in Jackson , Ms.

MrChaucer wrote:Like Leisure Suit Larry, I seem to be looking for love in all the wrong places......where does on find the GHS tourney to play it?
Thanks.

It's a pro arcade event so one would have to have the user preferences difficulty setting set to pro in my account(top tab, right side) for it to show in-game, one can toggle back and forth to any difficulty level at any time.
Mississippi

Postby Fulcher on Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:03 am

BruceWallace wrote:I will give these affordable mini excavators a shot tomorrow. I have been in the hospital the past few days. Golf is more fun.

I didn't know you could switch difficulties on the go like that. I wish I didn't know that. Now I'll be tempted to lower the difficulty when I'm having troubles. haha
Last edited by Fulcher on Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fulcher

Postby Mississippi on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 am

Fulcher wrote:I didn't know you could switch difficulties on the go like that. I wish I didn't know that. Now I'll be tempted to lower the difficulty when I'm having troubles. haha

Let me clarify :roll: .......one can play tourneys at any level throughout the week changing from ammy to elite and anywhere in-between, changing within a tourney however is not permitted.
Mississippi

Postby Mississippi on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:18 am

Week 2 winner : Roy Higgi (-83), runner up: DirkPitt (-78)
Double Eagles: none
Aces: Roy Higgi(2) rd 1 hole 14, rd 4 hole 6
DirkPitt rd 4 hole 12
Eagles: 41 from 3 finishers
Entries:7 finishers 3

week 3 will be played at Covered Bridge, good luck to all!
Mississippi

Postby Colin_Rommel on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:51 pm

BruceWallace wrote:I will give it a shot tomorrow. I have been in the hospital the past few days. Golf is more fun.

Get well soon Bruce and enjoy the golf.
Pobody's nerfect.
Colin_Rommel

Postby Mississippi on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:52 am

DirkPitt (-80)aced the par 4 2nd hole in round one, and never looked back becoming the 2nd winner in week 3 of the challenging series. Dirk ended Roy Higgi's(-76) 2 week winning streak by 4 strokes when Roy struggled with the gridless greens in round 4.
6 of 13 finished the tourney amassing 70 eagles along the way.
Week 4 moves to Dullatur Antonine 2005. Good luck to all who play.
Mississippi

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:45 am

Mississippi wrote:DirkPitt (-80)aced the par 4 2nd hole in round one, and never looked back becoming the 2nd winner in week 3 of the challenging series. Dirk ended Roy Higgi's(-76) 2 week winning streak by 4 strokes when Roy struggled with the gridless greens in round 4.
6 of 13 finished the tourney amassing 70 eagles along the way.
Week 4 moves to Dullatur Antonine 2005. Good luck to all who play.

Congrats to DP. Enjoyable event with a difference this one. And I love gridless but don't enjoy having a rubbish snap for a round and not finding fairways even in pro! :oops:
RoyHiggi

Postby DirkPitt on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm

Thanks Roy. Got lucky more than once. Been there with the off snap.
Roger
DirkPitt

Next

Return to Talk About It